• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This should be in technical but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Essentially yes, but I prefer white/light grey on black, or black on white. The old reflection one of white on a dark green background was easy on the eye as well.
    Got to be black background for me, I hate white backgrounds due to floaters in my eyes being more noticeable.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Client co tonight...

I am fuming a this..

Get your DB file.

Take a branch of a subversion repo head and
      place your 17K line script into a new branch

Tag branch

Put your branch tag and file details into excel spreadsheet.

press a button on the spreadsheet

produces XML from macro which you place into a different SVN repo

check it in

Set up a jenkins job that takes the script and produces a zip file that places your script in a zip file

You upload the zip file in another system and the script gets run.

Who the feck thought that up.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Who the feck thought that up.
        A ****?

You have my sympathy
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Absolutely loath the DOS prompt (or whatever it's called these days).

Absolutely love Bash. Well worth learning to use it effectively imho.

First software to be installed on a new Windows machine is Cygwin usually.

As for colours, definitely white on black, with coloured prompt and 'ls' highlighting enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            I do my job 100% in a command line interface. So it's unix / linux but...

Anybody else still use the old green text on black background terminal to get the job done?
            Green on black, yes.

And vim, oh yes.

Comment

This should be in technical but...

ZOC for terminal emulation and korn shell

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I do my job 100% in a command line interface. So it's unix / linux but...

Anybody else still use the old green text on black background terminal to get the job done?

Can't be arsed with a poll.
                The good old green on green phosphor screens were gentle on the eyes. I often customise command windows as green on green. I also still have a working CPM system with a green screen, it is connected to the net and is indestructible it has been up for 15 years without a reboot.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Dude, I consider notepad a luxury.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

$dn,q=xeq,l=z
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Has anyone else tried Xerox's new "graphical" user interface? It's available on other platforms now too, and is quite a revelation once you get used to it. You use this pointing device, called a "mouse" to move a little arrow around the screen and "click" on buttons or options to make things happen, meaning no need to learn 150 different obscure command line options. A lot of people are hopeful this will finally move computers on from being a toy for a small number of sandle wearing, mother-living geeks to a useful tool for ordinary people to use in every day tasks.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X