• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany versus Britain - shocking statistics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Certainly, have a look at the Shtrafbat:

Source: Tolstoy (1981)

So your claim that there is no evidence anywhere that Russian soldiers were sent into battle unarmed is, quite simply, wrong.

I suggest that you learn how to concede an error in a dignified way (for an example have a look how I conceded you were right about the T34 being a superior tank to the Panzer, although you took a very simplified view) or cease bothering the good people here with nonsense.

Ah ... smug mode
    You have little to be smug about.
    You really need to re-read your ridiculous statement 'Germans..defeated..because. threw forward unarmed troops'

I say again. There is absolutely no evidence that the soviets sent unarmed troops into battle.

There may have been unarmed medical staff or unarmed chaplains or unarmed horses pulling their cannon, how much more ridiculous do you want to get ?
    If Stalin let a few hundred inmates out of the gulag and forced them to run through minefields, are you seriously suggesting this is the same thing as 'the germans were defeated because of the winter and because the soviets threw forward troops, many of them unarmed' ?

you are bonkers

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      You have little to be smug about.
      You really need to re-read your ridiculous statement 'Germans..defeated..because. threw forward unarmed troops'

I say again. There is absolutely no evidence that the soviets sent unarmed troops into battle.
      Apart from the evidence I provided above from the Soviet Penal Battalions, they were soldiers and a recognised part of the army and there is direct documentary evidence that they often had to fight either unarmed or armed only with a stick.

Therefore there is evidence and your claim that there is absolutely no evidence is insane as to hold that position you would need to have examined in detail every possible piece of evidence in the world. Which you clearly have not otherwise in your guided tour of the central museum of the red army in Moscow where you would have been told how soldiers ended up fighting unarmed towards to the end of the sieges of Leningrad and Stalingrad.

i have no pride to protect, I openly stated that this was not my period - I am just providing facts.

If Stalin let a few hundred inmates out of the gulag and forced them to run through minefields, are you seriously suggesting this is the same thing as 'the germans were defeated because of the winter and because the soviets threw forward troops, many of them unarmed' ?
      No, I am suggesting that these were formed into recognised military units and are therefore evidence of it happening which means your constant assertions that there is absolutely no evidence is wrong - just wrong. This is without the evidence of it happening towards the ends of the sieges.

you are bonkers
      Face it - your statement is wrong. I am sorry and it is not my intention to humiliate you but you have forced my hand. It is obvious by your lack of information, inability to understand burdens of proof and constant insults that you are not equiped for this kind of debate. I can only presume that you are still annoyed at me winning the previous argument about medieval weaponary and your frustration is clouding your judgement.

Compare how you are reacting here to how I reacted when I realised I was wrong about the T34, you are a fully grown man aren't you? You must have been wrong about things before, what is the big deal?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

As far as I can tell only myself and the welsh wizard have Engineering degrees, 14 pages of trying to work out why Britain does not have any engineering jobs and nobody bothers to involve the formally trained engineers in the discussion.

I'm going to start a Katy Perry thread, a couple of tits I do want to read about.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Basically Germany exports 3 times as much as Britain by value, both countries having a similar population (1.5 trillion vs less than 0.5 trillion dollars), also beating the US with a population roughly 4 times greater
          As strange as it sounds, the size doesn't matter. Look at Czech Republic - 10 million versus India.
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            As far as I can tell only myself and the welsh wizard have Engineering degrees, 14 pages of trying to work out why Britain does not have any engineering jobs and nobody bothers to involve the formally trained engineers in the discussion.

I'm going to start a Katy Perry thread, a couple of tits I do want to read about.
            Is it the chicken or the egg though? The bigger the manufacturing industry, the more sense it makes to study the engineering degree.

Comment

Britain has loads of engineering jobs. Although everyone I know with an engineering degree is either in banking or IT. I do more engineering (electrical) than they do.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Britain has loads of engineering jobs. Although everyone I know with an engineering degree is either in banking or IT. I do more engineering (electrical) than they do.
                I just want the title of Engineer to be protected like it is in Germany but I am past caring now on that subject.

As Watt said "I am heartsick of this cursed country"

Comment

I just want the title of Engineer to be protected like it is in Germany but I am past caring now on that subject.

As Watt said "I am heartsick of this cursed country"
                  I'm inclined to agree with you. It seems most unreasonable that anyone can call themselves an engineer whilst companies can trademark everyday words.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                    Can only speak for Germany (mostly Berlin):
                    Nope. In fact they're building one new shopping centre after the other. Don't think I've ever spotted a payday-loan shop. Increasing number of 1-EUR shops lately though. Media/Technology chains like Media Markt and Saturn still seem to do very well (judging by how busy they are on a day-to-day basis.

For Media Markt this bit of info may be interesting in this context:
                    "Every store is 10% owned by the store manager. Store managers have discretion as to which products to stock, range, pricing, personnel and material costs."

In the past I've done remarkably well at negotiating the price of laptops down below online retail competition prices.
                    Media Markt and Saturn are both owned by the same company, Metro who also own (among many other chains) Real (supermarkets) and Kaufhof (similar to Debenhams)
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm going to start a Katy Perry thread, a couple of tits I do want to look at.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X