• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The economy is booming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They've seemed determined to murder Lancia for years now; the Ypsilon's very popular in Italy and in Europe's trendier cities, but what they need to make is a new Fulvia at about the price of a Fiat Punto and it would sell like hotcakes. They showed off this almost sexually appealing thing a while ago but never seemed to get round to building it and have now started sticking Lancia badges on hideous American turds.

The Fulvia would save them, as much as the highlighted bit will kill them. I shudder at the thought of a Lancia Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Swindon has been going downhill ever since DimPrawn moved in ...
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        I had an S3 Fulvia V4 as a kid, and they were front drive, so I wouldn't object to a new one being thus. The Ypsillon is a rebadged Fiat 500, but looks fine. The Musa, iirc, is a rebadged Fiat Idea isn't it? I kind of like the idea that Lancia is like Riley was to Mini i.e. the luxury arm, but they do need to refocus. I loved the Lancias of old, even the old Betas in the 80's, and was shocked when they went down.

I agree about Lancia, just about the only car manufacturer I'd weep about if they did go down (Maybe alfa would get a few tears too).
        Lady Tester's had a couple of Ypsilons; great fun little cars that were also very reliable indeed. Easy to sell too; women seem to fall in love with them as though they're posh handbags. Lancia's one of those old badges that could be a license to print money under the right management, as could some of the old British names like Morris, Humber, Hillman, Triumph and of course Daimler, which is now in the hands of Bob Tata and I don't dare to think what he's going to do with it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          The Fulvia would save them, as much as the highlighted bit will kill them. I shudder at the thought of a Lancia Grand Cherokee
          Trouble is, Fiat is a political empire that's a microcosm of Italian politics, and so when they do something sensible like reviving the 500 it's probably by accident. Reason just doesn't play a part in their decision making.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Trouble is, Fiat is a political empire that's a microcosm of Italian politics, and so when they do something sensible like reviving the 500 it's probably by accident. Reason just doesn't play a part in their decision making.
            This is what worries me now about the 'fook, we created something cool, lets make them all look like it' which is a mistake most make. Even Mini seem to be falling down this route now. Is it cool that the cars all look the same ostensibly? I think not. I read an article, stating, were it not for BMW now makign FWD platforms for their cars (new 1 and 2 series models), mini would probably go under as they can't afford to have to produce a different platform for them, over the BMW's; it's why VW are succeeding, as all of their models are on the same platform now, and Mercedes are following.

Comment

Working...
            X