• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all in it together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formant View Post
    And/or stopped claiming ridiculously high and unjustified expenses: Helen Grant, Conservative Minister, Defends Expenses Claims
    All MPs should be means tested and only those who have less than 10k in savings should be paid minimum wage.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Good reporting from the huff;

Where would we be without knowing the price of her house?
      It reads a lot like the Wail version of the same article. But I avoid linking to the Wail, out of principle.

Comment

That's the bit that to me, to be honest. They've ben carking on about final salary pensions for 2 years, now they want to keep them? I think they're all self important tosspots to be frank, and if they got anything over inflation, then, they'd be a riot, I am sure.

Now, all that said, they do deserve more than a middle manager, when you think about it. They do all have to be in London. So looking at the role they perform, they have got an argument for increased pay.

The pensions? Well, they're public sevants and should receive the same benefits as all public servants, not more, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          The pensions? Well, they're public sevants and should receive the same benefits as all public servants, not more, not less.
          Public service should be getting same state pension that taxpayers get - everything else only solely based on their own contributions, just like the taxpayers have to do.

Don't like it? Get a job in private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Public service should be getting same state pension that taxpayers get - everything else only solely based on their own contributions, just like the taxpayers have to do.

Don't like it? Get a job in private sector.
            Well I think that's the way it is headed, but the point I was trying to make was they are stripping down public workers pensions, so maybe they should understand, at the end of the day, that's all they are: public sector workers, civil servants and they should be subject to the same rules.

One thing that has always, always got my goat about MP's, is that they are allowed to operate to different tax rules, per se, than the rest of us, like they're special. An example would be not needing to show an invoice for anything under £25, about, prior to this, being able to expense from their 'corporation' expenses to fund a second house. Where as normal business people, who have to move about the country would be thrown in jail if they tried the same tricks...

Comment

I think this ties in with a broader issue of political reform. We should merge the houses of commons and lords and rename it the house of corrupt tosspots living in la la land. The whole kit and caboodle should be moved out of london to somewhere a bit run down like toxteth, south sheilds or mossside which will make life much cheaper for the poor little darlings.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I think this ties in with a broader issue of political reform. We should merge the houses of commons and lords and rename it the house of corrupt tosspots living in la la land. The whole kit and caboodle should be moved out of london to somewhere a bit run down like toxteth, south sheilds or mossside which will make life much cheaper for the poor little darlings.
                MPs are cheap, it's their decisions that are expensive.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  MPs are cheap, it's their decisions that are expensive.

HTH
                  That might just be the most intelligent thing you've ever said on CUK. In fact it's one of the more intelligent things anyone's ever said on CUK. I think I need a cup of tea now.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

MPs shouldn't be paid at all. Perhaps that way we might have some decisions based upon integrity rather than the plethora of self-serving abortion that has caused misery to millions while enriched the few.

Utter, utter scum. Don't get distracted by the colour of their shirts. They are all the same scum.

656 parasites that I would happily kill individually with my cold, dead hands.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Anyone fancy starting a yougov petition to get them to work for pennies and give up their final salary pensions? I don't imagine it will struggle for signatures...
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X