• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think you touched a nerve there MF.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The 'I am genuinely tired of listening to this tard speak nerve'? Yup, you're right there SB...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        2/3 bed houses in Stoke, repos, are ridiculously cheap. I mean, genuinely cheap.
        Ever thought there might be a very good reason why that is?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Ever thought there might be a very good reason why that is?
          Yup, but Housing associations will block rent the houses from you, some at a premium, and guaranteeing repairs.

I keep thinking it's worth a punt, but then want to be mortgage free this year.

Comment

Do you know what MF, you really do make me laugh. My wife and I contracted for 12 years, before she stopped. I have been going a further 4 years. I bought my first house in 1986, in Trowbridge as it happens, and then moved abroad, before coming back in 96n and buying in Hammersmith. The money I made, alone, on that house, could have bought me the house in France and 5 houses in Stoke.

What makes you think profesional people who've worked all their lives, mostly in IT contracting can't possibly have these things? I venture my wife in 1996 was earning more than you do now.

You're a loser, you really are, you come on here sprouting tulipe all the time, yet for soem reason, unknown to me, you think a joint household of contractors, earning at the top of their game for 12 years, wouldn't have a pot to piss in?

Seriously MF, seriously, you're a joke.

Go on with you, I am tired of discussing anything with you, for dropping down to your level takes it out of me.

I'm really sorry to hear that OH.

That you lived in Trowbridge I mean.

Comment

Hack. You're mortgaged up to the hilt. The wife hasn't worked for years. You've got fook all cash in the bank. You have no idea of your bills. You don't do any planning. You spend but have no idea how much you've got to spend and you play the Johnny Big potatoes everytime someone mentions a Plan B, house, investment even though you know fook all about them.

Youre a dreamer sunshine. A legend in your own lunchtime. Try not to jump in to every thread with 'I've got', 'we've got' because its all bull.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'm really sorry to hear that OH.

That you lived in Trowbridge I mean.
                Nearly married a girl from Trowbridge as it happens! Lived with ehr for two years before fooking off. She now lives in Hilperton, with 5 kids and a divorce. Dodged one there me thinks...

Comment

I'm genuinely, genuinely thnking of buying a couple of houses in Stoke with a friend to rent out. I have seen some repos out at £30k 3 bed - Spend 15k and you should get a a 10% yield on rent
                  £30k you are talking a dump in a tulip area -> potentially lots of hastle and not much capital gain to be made, but as you say a decent return if you can get the right long term DHSS people in there and the property doesn't need any serious maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Hack. You're mortgaged up to the hilt. The wife hasn't worked for years. You've got fook all cash in the bank. You have no idea of your bills. You don't do any planning. You spend but have no idea how much you've got to spend and you play the Johnny Big potatoes everytime someone mentions a Plan B, house, investment even though you know fook all about them.

Youre a dreamer sunshine. A legend in your own lunchtime. Try not to jump in to every thread with 'I've got', 'we've got' because its all bull.
                    Good job you held back a bit, he might of got upset.

( ps. I hadn't seen his initial attack when I wrote that )
                    Last edited by rootsnall; 10 January 2013, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Come now Walter, he of the big dreams.

Oh dear, there's a tint of green to your comments aren't there.

Now, if you did read the threads, you would see I had 3 mortgages, and most spare money goes to paying them off. You'd also note, that I plan on selling up this year, to go mortgage free. We dont plan as we dont need to, is that so very hard to believe? What we have left at the end of the month goes into paying off the mortgages.

Honestly son, you have an unhealthy obsession with me. I've been in IT for many, many years, and have been contracting, this will be my 17th year.

Plan B's you say? I don't think there's anyone on this site who's not thought of plan b's, and things like soft play, nurseries, cafes; I think it's what defines most people here, that they want out of IT.

Honestly MF, you post here, night and day, yet pretend to have an important director level position. Can you not see how retarded that makes you look?

As for someone with 28 coming on 29 collective years earning 6 figures, do you not really think they'd have done something with the money? Honestly? Do you not think a house in france (bought on the cheap through the company), motorhome (bought ont he cheap through the company) and 3 mortgaged properties would be possibly unachieving?

Just get back to your daytime TV and imaginary role MF, for, honestly, no one believes you're a dashing director level executive dashign between San Diego and your 'executive' terrace in Trowbridge

Jealousy gets you nowhere in life you tard

Comment

Working...
                      X