• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Money to be made in repos, but you need cash
    And to live up north were the repos come cheap

I was tracking a few good candidates but some totally undeserving first time buyers have stolen them off me since this govt scheme came in.

Comment

I know rates can go up, but on the last flat I rented I was already paying £1250 a month out. If I rent again I will still be giving somebody £1250 a month. I'd rather that went on something that was for me.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        And to live up north were the repos come cheap

I was tracking a few good candidates but some totally undeserving first time buyers have stolen them off me since this govt scheme came in.
        I'm genuinely, genuinely thnking of buying a couple of houses in Stoke with a friend to rent out. I have seen some repos out at £30k 3 bed - Spend 15k and you should get a a 10% yield on rent

Comment

I'm genuinely, genuinely thnking of buying a couple of houses in Stoke with a friend to rent out. I have seen some repos out at £30k 3 bed - Spend 15k and you should get a a 10% yield on rent
          Do it.

Immigration rising, NIMBYS, draconian planning laws, money printing. Reasons enough.

Comment

Buy the property as a BTL. You can then rent it make to your LTD in a nice simple tax effective way.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Do it.

Immigration rising, NIMBYS, draconian planning laws, money printing. Reasons enough.
              I know, its so tempting, we've been talking about it for 3 months and think if we both put 100k into a pot, we can have a 5 house start, which would generate another house every 2 years at current rental prices

Comment

And did I mention I have a house in France? Youre so full of tulip.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I know, its so tempting, we've been talking about it for 3 months and think if we both put 100k into a pot, we can have a 5 house start, which would generate another house every 2 years at current rental prices
                  In time, you could become the joint owner of Stoke-on-Trent. Think how good THAT would feel!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    And did I mention I have a house in France? Youre so full of tulip.
                    Do you know what MF, you really do make me laugh. My wife and I contracted for 12 years, before she stopped. I have been going a further 4 years. I bought my first house in 1986, in Trowbridge as it happens, and then moved abroad, before coming back in 96n and buying in Hammersmith. The money I made, alone, on that house, could have bought me the house in France and 5 houses in Stoke.

What makes you think profesional people who've worked all their lives, mostly in IT contracting can't possibly have these things? I venture my wife in 1996 was earning more than you do now.

You're a loser, you really are, you come on here sprouting tulipe all the time, yet for soem reason, unknown to me, you think a joint household of contractors, earning at the top of their game for 12 years, wouldn't have a pot to piss in?

Seriously MF, seriously, you're a joke.

Go on with you, I am tired of discussing anything with you, for dropping down to your level takes it out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      In time, you could become the joint owner of Stoke-on-Trent. Think how good THAT would feel!
                      2/3 bed houses in Stoke, repos, are ridiculously cheap. I mean, genuinely cheap. He's from Rochdale and there are some places up further, like St Helens, etc, which are as cheap. However, Stoke, for me, thus far, seems the cheapest place in the UK to buy houses.

Comment

Working...
                      X