• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you contest a will to dis-favour yourself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No point quibbling while he lives as long as the law is sensible and allows all involved parties to come to their own arrangement.

As soon as the money becomes mine it is mine to give to my mother if I wish, but I can say for sure he would prefer none if it goes to the taxman.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I guess his fear is that, should your mother meet someone else and remarry, some or all of his money ends up outside the family.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I guess his fear is that, should your mother meet someone else and remarry, some or all of his money ends up outside the family.
        Yes, that would be my guess too. It's a sensible concern, I think. I mean, I don't expect my mother's will to favour my partner over her grandchild(ren) should she outlive me. Similarly, I'd be puzzled if I inherited from my in-laws in the unlikely event that they'll outlive my partner.

I do think it's pretty unethical to disrespect your grandfather's (or anyone's) will.

Comment

This is worthy of Machiavelli himself.

You and your brother agree to be diinherited, but you put the wrong date on the form, then too late bro. Doogie gets the lot

brilliant

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X