• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible first time contractor qs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all prev exp. perm ...

hear what you're saying Malvolio ... for me getting permie jobs was several times easier than even getting thru the agents for a contract ...

some of the consultancy type work in the past was very similar to contract work - ie turn up at site, do a piece of work, leave .. only difference being there may have been a few people on site you'd worked with in the past etc... so I've no doubt I'd be able to 'adjust'

I'll probably try contracting again - only I'll give it 2/3 months to get the first contract rather than expecting it to come as quickly as the permie job offers ...

Comment

Thanks for all the info.

If 1st contract is the hardest, that may suit me as long as the client (see, using the language now) can wait for my notice period...

Comment

Originally posted by neilh
        Thanks for all the info.

If 1st contract is the hardest, that may suit me as long as the client (see, using the language now) can wait for my notice period...
        its not just the client - if you're getting the info from an agent .. they may well think twice about forwarding you for positions ... I heard even up to two weeks notice was too long from some agents ...

Comment

Working...
        X