• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end is (not so) nigh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Fook 2 years... I get bored of the scenery after 12months...I'm bored now
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    WTS - I did 3 years once and vowed never to do it again. 12 months ish and I loose the will to work for them and is the reason I started contracting. Just jumped ship after 14 months and it was 3 months too long. Now looking forward to the next gig although ominously, was told the project was for 3 years, and I have a six month contract to start.
    Depends what you're doing. Get into a company that's in start-up or hyper growth mode & you'll be to busy to worry about getting bored.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Depends what you're doing. Get into a company that's in start-up or hyper growth mode & you'll be to busy to worry about getting bored.
      Not in my niche MF and it has always been thus; no matter how busy I am, it's always the same kind of work, just dictated by what I actually do, it's just the data is different; ostensibly, it will be the same work I have always done, using different standards, different tools, and different data, but the work itself, is always the same. Currently going to be designing tools to map data from one standard to another, design a new repository, and design a new way of displaying it all using current industry standard tools.

Comment

Working...
      X