• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Hell: 73% rates cripple UK families, killing 'aspiration nation'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If young people were given no dole than their parents would support them. Those that don't have parents or other family members end up on the street as now.

Not every person in the world is intelligent enough to do the jobs that we have a skills shortage in, and those who can only do menial or call centre jobs are competing against older people including OAPs who have a much better work ethic and customer service skills.

Yeah right.

You know how prison staff rule don't you? It's by the consent of the prisoners as they don't have guns.

If prisoners want to go on the rampage they can and will.
    Hmm, guess I am being a bit idealistic. That's not like me.

So essentially the UK has been shafted by do gooders for the last 50 years or more, arguably at least 100 years, and now it's too late to do anything significant about it!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If young people were given no dole than their parents would support them. Those that don't have parents or other family members end up on the street as now.

Not every person in the world is intelligent enough to do the jobs that we have a skills shortage in, and those who can only do menial or call centre jobs are competing against older people including OAPs who have a much better work ethic and customer service skills.

Yeah right.

You know how prison staff rule don't you? It's by the consent of the prisoners as they don't have guns.

If prisoners want to go on the rampage they can and will.
      Unfortunately too many soft liberals hold your view. I on the other hand am a firm believer that given the right motivation (ie no money to fall back on) it is amazing how driven people are.
      There are millions of able bodied people who have been taken out of the work market by the soft belly of welfare encouraged by the destructive "kindness" of the liberal left, who are more concerned with feeling good about themselves than helping others.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Unfortunately too many soft liberals hold your view. I on the other hand am a firm believer that given the right motivation (ie no money to fall back on) it is amazing how driven people are.
        There are millions of able bodied people who have been taken out of the work market by the soft belly of welfare encouraged by the destructive "kindness" of the liberal left, who are more concerned with feeling good about themselves than helping others.
        There is a balance to be struck really. Short term soft-landing is better than none ('cause it seems everyone spends 110% of their incomes on this island). And capped benefits lasting no more than , say, 18 months. 'During that period training and education would be mandatory.

Now...if only we could barbeque the bankers, the regulators and the politicians that created this mess in the first place.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 16:43.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeff Maginty;1670297]They should cap benefits at the equivalent of the average wage (after tax of course).

They are just about to. It is called Universal Credit and it comes in this year.

I don't approve of people having kids they can't afford either but I disapprove even more of kids going hungry or wearing shoes two sizes too small.

Not going to take the bait on the 'taking kids into care' suggestion as that is surely just a wind up.

Comment

Working...
            X