• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody BT Yahoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not looked for a long time but I thought you could simply configure BT mail to send you everything then you can sort it yourself.

The only time I had to do anything was when they upgraded my account and automatically switched on the spam sweeper. Had to switch it off to stop it swipping all my legitimate mail.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
      Not looked for a long time but I thought you could simply configure BT mail to send you everything then you can sort it yourself.

The only time I had to do anything was when they upgraded my account and automatically switched on the spam sweeper. Had to switch it off to stop it swipping all my legitimate mail.
      You can, but I get ten times as much spam as legit mail.

I can't be arsed with downloading it all to my laptop, just so I can delete it here, so I find it easier to log into their server and pick out the good mail from the spam bucket.

So much for BT Yahoo SpamGuard.

Comment

I'm dismayed you don't run your own mail server.

Comment

I seriously wonder if this is a mac related thing because I've never suffered from spam.

The occasional email with a virus - which of course didn't work - but no spam.

Comment

I seriously wonder if this is a mac related thing because I've never suffered from spam.

The occasional email with a virus - which of course didn't work - but no spam.
            What do you mean, mac related? The problem is happening on BT Yahoo's servers. It has nothing to do with my end.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              What do you mean, mac related? The problem is happening on BT Yahoo's servers. It has nothing to do with my end.
              The fact you are getting spam at all.

I've never suffered from spam and been with BT since day dot. Most people I talk too say they suffer from spam. Why?

Comment

Maybe people want to talk to them
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

The fact you are getting spam at all.

I've never suffered from spam and been with BT since day dot. Most people I talk too say they suffer from spam. Why?
                  Well, normally I don't either, because BT Yahoo's in-house SpamGuard intercepts it before it gets to my BT Yahoo Inbox, and chucks it into Bulk (a sort of rubbish bin where it stays for a month until BT deletes it). My Outlook client downloads from the BT Yahoo Inbox, so I never see the spam.

However, SpamGuard has started chucking all my legit mail into Bulk as well, which is why I've got to log on directly to BT Yahoo and go fishing around in there to rescue it.

Comment

Working...
                  X