• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forty five years old - a turning point for blokes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I've always liked giraffes. It's almost as if they were designed by a kid.

They've got awesome tongues too.
    They are big but very very sticky. I once fed giraffes at some theme park in Florida. It is worse than feeding a cow by hand which is bad enough.

Not sure I would want to be born a giraffe though. A 6 foot drop to the ground upon entry is not the best way to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Personally I would like to be recycled by being fed to the tigers at Howletts zoo.

I just hope they make sure I am very dead first.
      Being eaten seems a good way to get recycled. That way you really do become part of the tiger.

People who have heart transplants and stuff sometimes take on characteristics of the donor. I don't think it's been explained and is usually put down to a coincidence brought on by the trauma of surgery etc. But if cells have some sort of 'memory' it would make sense - especially if the tiger ate your brain. A tiger with OCD - there's a worrying thought!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Being eaten seems a good way to get recycled. That way you really do become part of the tiger.

People who have heart transplants and stuff sometimes take on characteristics of the donor. I don't think it's been explained and is usually put down to a coincidence brought on by the trauma of surgery etc. But if cells have some sort of 'memory' it would make sense - especially if the tiger ate your brain. A tiger with OCD - there's a worrying thought!
        Alas Howletts seem more worried that the tiger may memorize eating people - they have already lost a few keepers.

I shall probably stick to being buried beneath a sapling. But I want to become old enough to get revenge on my kids by becoming a burden to them first.

Comment

I'm aiming to be a burden on everyone elses children.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            You could ask EO - though I am not sure if he can remember back as far as his 45th birthday!

By some weird coincidence, I have been thinking of starting a thread called '10 stages that make you realise you are a man and not a kid any more'
            and number 10 is round about the 45 yr mark

1. The first time some kid calls you mister
            2. The first time you voluntarily go to bed, because you 'have to get up in the morning'
            3. You see something out of the corner of your eye. It's your broadening shoulders
            4. You realise that birds are not angels brought from heaven, just blokes with smaller willies
            5. You realise that if you met you ten years ago you would punch you
            6. Someone f@rts and you dont laugh
            7. You refuse a drink, because you have had enough of hangovers
            8. You never let a boner go to waste
            9. Slippers aren't so bad after all
            10. Somone dies and you look around the familiy to see who the new role model is. and it's you.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X