• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is it correct that clients payroll team know about my daily rate ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yes and Yes.

It's amazing what knowledge staff in the accounting department have about the company. Generally they are boring because they are not allowed to reveal the interest information they know like - the entire department will be shut down in 18 months and moved abroad.
    Going back to my first job, the data entry girls could deduce quite a surprising amount from the invoice batches they were bashing in.

And when it was my job to print the suppliers' cheques each month, it wasn't too hard to project that the total turnover was going to be nicely up on the previous year.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm surprised the real point has been missed.

The guy has been incredibly unprofessional in mentioning his in conversation with you.

What exactly did he say?

Sounds as if it can only have been said in jealousy of how much you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        I'm surprised the real point has been missed.

The guy has been incredibly unprofessional in mentioning his in conversation with you.
        Oh indeed.
        Last edited by KentPhilip; 24 December 2012, 23:32.

Comment

Working...
        X