• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social workers are the worst scum on earth.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Oh dear I was going to avoid this sort of thing. but here goes. Disclaimer: I am not a childcare social worker, I deal with adults, mostly old people.

Housing departments are seperate from social services, they often get lumped together under one directorate but they have different staff, different laws, eligibility rules etc etc. A social worker cannot magic a flat out of nowhere. they can advocate, beg plead or shout at the housing dept but it makes no difference. If your friend does not meet eligiblity or the council has no resource to offer that's it. The social worker can't do anything. It gets more complicated but that is basically it. It's awful and it is part of why childcare social workers are in very short supply and are leaving the job in droves. Councils are faced with overwhelming demand and no money and yes they do make decisions that sound ridiculous but they are faced with a ridiculous situation i.e. nowhere near enough resources to meet the needs presented to them. Central govt is quite happy for the councils to take all the blame.
    And there we have the argument, it is the goverment's fault because we don't pay enough taxes. Always someone else to blame. THe big boy done it and he ran away.

Mince.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      My brother is a social worker. He is a complete idiot.
      He shares your genes, what do you expect?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Do we really have to let social workers onto those forums?

They are pure evil and every one needs shooting.
      How very daft.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Now I have had my fill with social workers, but they are on a hiding to nowhere, there failures make front page headlines, while they're many many successes are never known.
      WHSx10. Can't see why anyone would want to do such a thankless job... same as being a PCSO. See the worst in society, always greeted with suspicion, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        How very daft.
        You wait until social workers abuse your kids then see how you feel. I have a letter from social workers saying they are happy to break the law. They are answerable to no-one and are institutionally sexist.

Though I feel I owe socialworker an apology as he works with the elderly. I have no axe to grind with him.

Comment

You wait until social workers abuse your kids then see how you feel. I have a letter from social workers saying they are happy to break the law. They are answerable to no-one and are institutionally sexist.
          I didn't realise everyone in every single job was exactly the same.

You've met the worst specimens however some children are lucky and meet the better ones.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What are the entry level quaifications for a social worker? Sub standard degree and an ability to get kicks telling other people how they should live their life?

Comment

You wait until social workers abuse your kids then see how you feel.
              I would feel aggrieved at the individuals involved... I know people who have kids taken away (I think wrongly) by SWs and I don't think that some bad individuals mean it's an evil system. It's just like when people label any Catholic priest as suspect.

What are the entry level quaifications for a social worker? Sub standard degree and an ability to get kicks telling other people how they should live their life?
              Don't be silly. What would you need a degree for

You do need an ability to care about other people. I don't have a strong sense of empathy personally but unlike you I do acknowledge it exists.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think wanting to help people and wanting to feel you're doing something worthwhile with your life probably come quite high up the list. It's probably very frustrating to not have the resources to fulfil that wish as well as you'd like.

What losers. Each man for himself, eh?

Comment

Just about every social worker I've met socially has been a weirdo.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes, it is all very admiral wanting to help people but there has to be a distinction between the hippocratic oath and a tulipey social science degree.

Comment

They are need degrees now before they do their specific training.

A few people become social workers because they were helped themselves by a social worker.

However the drop out rate is high.

And yes I know social workers and ex-social workers. A couple of the ex ones ended up working in IT.

Off the working ones I only know one who deals with children but she seems to have spent half her life working abroad in more screwed up situations.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X