• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social workers are the worst scum on earth.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    One word.

Agents.

I knew some UK social workers. They seemed decent people trying to do a good job with limited education, crappy pay, appalling managers and worse "clients".

I did know one social worker in Russia. Degrees in five different subjects, amazingly competent administrator and the kids at the orphanage totally loved her. The pay was still crappy as were the managers.
    I was beginning to feel left out
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Agents are idiots, granted, but they don't ask you if you vote UKIP.

Comment

My experience is they tend to have good intentions but poor skills/processes.

Between them and the council a friend of ours an African Muslim with 2 girls dumped by her husband who was illegally thown out by her landlord, ends up in a hostel with the dregs of humanity (think the usual redneck racists with records) and the police say don't go back its dangerous , the council says if you don't go back you are making yourself intentionally homeless, the social workers say we don't know what to do?

Grow a pair and sort it, she is dossing on her cousin's floor tonight (and probably for Christmas) after we moved her. Bet you she is seen as a 'positive outcome' by both organisations.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Now I have had my fill with social workers, but they are on a hiding to nowhere, there failures make front page headlines, while they're many many successes are never known.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Now I have had my fill with social workers, but they are on a hiding to nowhere, there failures make front page headlines, while they're many many successes are never known.
            They are institutionally sexist.

And absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              We all have our own experiences. I would cross out social workers and substitute nuns.
              Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              I would cross out social workers and nuns and substitute RE teachers.
              Originally posted by Magic View Post
              I would cross out social workers, Nuns, RE teachers and substitute Human Resources
              Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I would cross out social workers, Nuns, RE teachers, Human Resources and substitute primary school teachers.
              I would cross out social workers and substitute Brillopad

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                I would cross out social workers and substitute Brillopad

I don't mind being called worse than MF or sasguru or agents or almost anything else.

But that is too far below the belt....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I don't mind being called worse than MF or sasguru or agents or almost anything else.

But that is too far below the belt....
                  Do you know there are social workers who deal with different groups of people?

So a social worker who deals with elderly adults won't deal with children.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    My experience is they tend to have good intentions but poor skills/processes.

Between them and the council a friend of ours an African Muslim with 2 girls dumped by her husband who was illegally thown out by her landlord, ends up in a hostel with the dregs of humanity (think the usual redneck racists with records) and the police say don't go back its dangerous , the council says if you don't go back you are making yourself intentionally homeless, the social workers say we don't know what to do?

Grow a pair and sort it, she is dossing on her cousin's floor tonight (and probably for Christmas) after we moved her. Bet you she is seen as a 'positive outcome' by both organisations.
                    Oh dear I was going to avoid this sort of thing. but here goes. Disclaimer: I am not a childcare social worker, I deal with adults, mostly old people.

Housing departments are seperate from social services, they often get lumped together under one directorate but they have different staff, different laws, eligibility rules etc etc. A social worker cannot magic a flat out of nowhere. they can advocate, beg plead or shout at the housing dept but it makes no difference. If your friend does not meet eligiblity or the council has no resource to offer that's it. The social worker can't do anything. It gets more complicated but that is basically it. It's awful and it is part of why childcare social workers are in very short supply and are leaving the job in droves. Councils are faced with overwhelming demand and no money and yes they do make decisions that sound ridiculous but they are faced with a ridiculous situation i.e. nowhere near enough resources to meet the needs presented to them. Central govt is quite happy for the councils to take all the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                      Oh dear I was going to avoid this sort of thing. but here goes. Disclaimer: I am not a childcare social worker, I deal with adults, mostly old people.
                      +1
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X