• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to see The Hobbit yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What on earth made them do that ?
    Making three times the money out of it?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I'm not sure if I want to waste the money on the cinema, I know Mr N is keen to go, but the book is so short it could have been done and dusted in one film.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I took my daughter and she loved it. It helps if you are easily entertained by far fetched excitement I loved it
        Well she does love Harry Potter so I'm sure she'll enjoy it
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Making three times the money out of it?

How ? By stretching it needlessly they will alienate most of the genuine hobbit lovers and so in turn actually end up losing money.

Even making one movie is stretching it when you think of Hobbit.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I have heard it was recorded in a higher frame rate? Does that make any actual difference?
            Quite a bit apparently, not went down well, a bit too real is the verdict although I don't really know what that means. I am actually looking forward to seeing in just for that.

Comment

How ? By stretching it needlessly they will alienate most of the genuine hobbit lovers and so in turn actually end up losing money.

Even making one movie is stretching it when you think of Hobbit.
              I agree but I am willing to bet that many many people will go to see all three, buy the expensive box sets and then the special edition box sets and then the special edition with a limited edition toy box sets.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Went last night with Mrs SB and SB03. Pretty good if you liked the LOTR stuff, but I agree with those that are suggesting that stretching it out to 3 films is kicking the arse out of it. Don't really have the patience for these "wait till next year fior the next bit" extravaganzas.
                The worst aspect was that Mrs SB got a whiff of the trailer for Les Miserables, so I will be getting dragged along to see that next month............Grrrrrr......maudlin Frog nonsense!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I have heard it was recorded in a higher frame rate? Does that make any actual difference?
                  "In selected theaters".

I heard some people are saying it makes it seem too "unreal", whatever that means. It's interesting though: despite all the other advances, cinema has been stuck on 24fps forever.

I just about made it through the first Lord Of The Rings, I've no desire to see any others.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Went last night with Mrs SB and SB03. Pretty good if you liked the LOTR stuff, but I agree with those that are suggesting that stretching it out to 3 films is kicking the arse out of it. Don't really have the patience for these "wait till next year fior the next bit" extravaganzas.
                    The worst aspect was that Mrs SB got a whiff of the trailer for Les Miserables, so I will be getting dragged along to see that next month............Grrrrrr......maudlin Frog nonsense!!

Gosh, i hope you come out with your sanity intact Shaun.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Gosh, i hope you come out with your sanity intact Shaun.
                      What sanity??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X