• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If it really was the end of the world tomorrow what would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a good Canadian film about this called Last Night. Everybody knows the world will end at midnight, and it follows the activities of a few people as the end approaches.

One chap at the gas company voluntarily spends his last few hours working his way through their customer list, phoning them one by one to thank them for their custom

Comment

Reckon I'd cuddle up with all the little SYs and SY02 on the sofa Simpson's stylee and put on a funny film. At least we'd be happy and most importantly the kids would have no idea.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'd go around all the cretins in the office and inform them that they are indeed cretins who haven't got a clue how to run a business let alone work out how to implement simple change.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
          I'd go around all the cretins in the office and inform them that they are indeed cretins who haven't got a clue how to run a business let alone work out how to implement simple change.
          Amanda, is this you?

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            AtW would get the last post on CUK
            I'd be still posting here using my multiple sockies long after you lot are gone!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You're all fecked. I'm going to be in the air for 11 hours watching the earth be ripped to pieces by earthquakes & volcanoes where eventually Greenland will become the new paradise on Earth. Well no doubt fly around for a while before having to touch down as fuel runs out, the plane will crash and ill be the only survivor. I'll then discover that the only other survivors were four planes full of female catalogue models who were on their way to a model convention in the US and who were forced to land.

I will then be forced to repopulate the newly called Marillionfan Land.

Wish me luck.
              Good luck, but why they would need you?

Captains of the airplanes that land them would probably be a better choice.

Comment

It's currently 21/12/2012 in some parts of the world already

Is Australia sinking into the abyss currently?

Comment

I'd blow my warchest on bejeweled blitz coins, buy all the 'special gems' and blow my high score out the water.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    It's currently 21/12/2012 in some parts of the world already

Is Australia sinking into the abyss currently?
                    No, it's going to happen at 11:11 in our timezone. See
                    Mayan Apocalypse 2012: What Time Will The World End On December 21, 2012? - International Digital Times

So we have 20.5 hours left. Which makes me think I'll start another thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      No, it's going to happen at 11:11 in our timezone. See
                      Mayan Apocalypse 2012: What Time Will The World End On December 21, 2012? - International Digital Times

So we have 20.5 hours left. Which makes me think I'll start another thread!
                      Please no.

Comment

Working...
                      X