• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents.... agents never change.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Have a couple of Situations, outline what YOU did to turn things around (the Task, Action taken and the Result), and give them the reply they are wanting.
    Tried and trusted technique, I look for buzzwords in the job spec and tailor the yarn accordingly. First chance you get take the initiative, tell your tale and then start asking questions before they can get any tricky ones in. Seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      Even if you get feedback, how do you know it's true and not just a load bull tulip to make you feel not quite as bad.
      true ... just move on.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Tried and trusted technique, I look for buzzwords in the job spec and tailor the yarn accordingly. First chance you get take the initiative, tell your tale and then start asking questions before they can get any tricky ones in. Seems to work.
        this!

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
          true ... just move on.
          this!
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

OP - Trouble is you're expecting normal decent behaviour from an agent which ain't gonna happen. Like someone said, once your off the cards as a potential money earner for them they ain't interested one little bit.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

After an interview, just assume you have failed and carry on looking.

Comment

Agents quickly forget that its not just candidates that need the feedback...

I had a real clanger of an interview with a pair of guys from Land Rover the other week. Their attitude just sucked from the start and by the time I got back to my car I thought
                "Screw it! I am not taking the job even if they offer it...."

They were trying to run a formal board interview (answer this question exaclty like this!) but really went about the whole process the wrong way. I spoke to the agent and told her how I felt and she said that they had gone through four or five contractors for the same reasons…

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Agents quickly forget that its not just candidates that need the feedback...

I had a real clanger of an interview with a pair of guys from Land Rover the other week. Their attitude just sucked from the start and by the time I got back to my car I thought
                  "Screw it! I am not taking the job even if they offer it...."

They were trying to run a formal board interview (answer this question exaclty like this!) but really went about the whole process the wrong way. I spoke to the agent and told her how I felt and she said that they had gone through four or five contractors for the same reasons…
                  sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    OP - Trouble is you're expecting normal decent behaviour from an agent which ain't gonna happen. Like someone said, once your off the cards as a potential money earner for them they ain't interested one little bit.
                    Still don't understand the way of conducting business that agents use, just because you don't get one gig they ignore you for another 2 years, in a way its bad for them because as soon as they do that, I become part of the competition that gets a gig that one of their submitted candidates doesn't....

One of agents sounded like and was about as clever as one of the Orcs from The Lord of The Rings.

Comment

Have a couple of Situations, outline what YOU did to turn things around (the Task, Action taken and the Result),
                      Task: Saved a catastrophically failing project.
                      Action: On day one, fired the PM and all the Bobs; on day two, recruited a small team of UK-based contractors.
                      Result: Project delivered on time and on budget.

...and give them the reply they are wanting.
                      Not sure if that was the reply they were wanting...
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X