• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pheeewwww....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsk!

I hope the Aussies spank a few Italians tonight before catching the long-haul...
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Rubbish!!!!

Why make the game even more tedious than it is already? why remove talking points?

What they need is to explain to players that they are playing a physical game and not to fall over when an opposing player hovers into sight.

Its a funny old game...its not some clinically clean game....fek that fer a laugh!
      http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's tedious when teams train for many months, expectations build, then it comes down to a split second decision and some play acting.

That's just is not interesting at all.

Not much point in watching a match to have it won by who could fool the referee, rather than who played the game in question the best, in any sport.

For comparison, the Oympics spend a huge amout of effort trying to stop cheats, - even after they have 'won', when they are found out, they are stripped of their victory - and banned from competition. They do that to try to maintain some semblance of respectability.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

gutted. 10 seconds to go till extra time. I feel sick.

Comment

It just seems odd to me that within a minute of a contentious decision, several million people around the planet will have seen the event from 2, 3 4 or more angles... yet the people who actually make the decision that often decides the whole outcome of the proceedings are 'blind'.

All it would take is two independent refs and a TV!!

Just refer key decisions such as penalties, red cards, 'did the ball cross the line'...
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Useless Aussie b*stards!

I can't count the number of times Aussie sportsmen have thwarted me in the past by coming up with the goods. This time, I have £20 on them at 11/2 and they can't even win against an Italian side with only 10 men for almost half the game.

I agree it was a disgraceful dive but it was hardly a surprise when it came.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

They deserved to go home, b*st*rds

Serves them right.
                They kicked the Japanese off the park, were lucky Brazil didn't slaughter them, won against Croatia with an offside goal and were just generally a bunch of roughnecks. The hypocrisy of that fscker Cahill trying to get people booked, talk about brass-neck.
                Was a bit worried that it was a penalty though. Italians and pressure-penalties don't generally go together, but well done Totti, the fiats will be hionking their little horns out tonight all over Roma.

(And cue SB with moronic polemic claiming it's a plot to discredit ex-celtic players, mwahahaha)
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  It just seems odd to me that within a minute of a contentious decision, several million people around the planet will have seen the event from 2, 3 4 or more angles... yet the people who actually make the decision that often decides the whole outcome of the proceedings are 'blind'.

All it would take is two independent refs and a TV!!

Just refer key decisions such as penalties, red cards, 'did the ball cross the line'...
                  I know, why the **** cant we have a video ref for things like contentious goals and penalties. I'm an angry young man at this moment in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    Serves them right.
                    They kicked the Japanese off the park, were lucky Brazil didn't slaughter them, won against Croatia with an offside goal and were just generally a bunch of roughnecks. The hypocrisy of that fscker Cahill trying to get people booked, talk about brass-neck.
                    Was a bit worried that it was a penalty though. Italians and pressure-penalties don't generally go together, but well done Totti, the fiats will be hionking their little horns out tonight all over Roma.

(And cue SB with moronic polemic claiming it's a plot to discredit ex-celtic players, mwahahaha)
                    If only u guys didn't lose to Moldovia in the qualifiers, u could have been there too..

Comment

Working...
                    X