• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 50 places to live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merthyr Tydfil

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      People tell me that Perth WA is nice but boring after a while and a bit remote from anywhere else. What do you think, BB?
      Prefer Sydney, Perth is too quiet with too many inbreds, SAS is from Perth, you can tell by his incredibly small feet and his unusual smell of cabbage

PS Normandy is incredibly beautiful this time of year. Just unfortunate the French live there.
      Last edited by lORD lUCAN; 28 June 2006, 07:18.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
        Merthyr Tydfil
        I once got arrested there for using a Tesco trolley to support me on the way home from the rugby club. great place.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          But perhaps a fortune on aircon for your house.

If you want all the things you mention in your first sentence though, then you might as well just head off to NZ.

Personally I'll join the various others in saying that I found Perth/WA quite boring, certainly Fremantle etc seemed overrated and sort of a one horse/one street town. Nice to visit but so is Alaska...
          Lots of houses in Perth have a pool , reason being is that its cheaper than aircon , quick beer (Not Fosters) and then jump in the pool to cool off.

When I went to NZ I was almost mugged by loacl Maori , it rained everyday and it was just like England. Not that I have anything against England but you want to go somewhere different

Comment

"Lots of houses in Perth have a pool"

So I believe do lot's in places like Auckland/Wellington etc.

Having a swimming pool in your back-yard though doesn't necessarily make a place you'd want to live full-time, anymore than Coober Pedy with it's abundant sunshine as well as nice cool underground houses.

My pref if I moved to Australia would be Melbourne (even though it rained half the week I was there) or Sydney. Perth/Fremantle I found just too remote and in the evenings would go walkabout and try and find somewhere interesting and go back to my hotel feeling rather disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
              Perth/Fremantle I found just too remote and in the evenings would go walkabout and try and find somewhere interesting and go back to my hotel feeling rather disappointed.
              I was fortunate enough to be living with locals and they took me to some great bars and restaurants. Even got to know the guy at the local offy who showed me the hidden cellar of special wine - fantastic.

I think if I was on my own, I would have had a different opinion.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You cant beat the sheer romance of Basingstoke.
                For dirty weekends its got to be Rotherham.

You can keep your
                Brussels and Amsterdam
                Give me back my weekend in Rotherham

Comment

A place is only as good as the people you know there.

Next ....
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

For what it's worth, I live in Prague and work ... well, wherever. Starting a new contract in Canary Wharf Monday.

Prague's a great place to live.
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by ScotsmanInPrague
                      Prague's a great place to live.
                      Not many Scotsmen, for a start...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X