• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prometheus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus was better the second time around. I watched it last week on Sky and it made much more sense than it did when I saw it at the pictures.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It's also been on Sky over the last day or two. Watching it again, I was struck by how much the plot relies on the recklessness and stupidity of the clownish crew, especially when the aliens are so tough and cunning you might think this was mostly unnecessary. I wouldn't trust most of the crew to run a milk float let alone a star ship.

Also, I still wasn't sure why the robot poisons one of the crew with the engineers' concoction. Was this some initiative of its/his own, or was he working for some devious corporate agenda back on Earth (as in the other Alien films)?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Supposed to be the "beginning of it all" but I felt it asked more questions than it answered.

Are they answered in the DVD deleted scenes?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Supposed to be the "beginning of it all" but I felt it asked more questions than it answered.

Are they answered in the DVD deleted scenes?

qh
          I guess one is meant to draw some soppy conclusion along the lines that the engineers turned against humanity due to our supposed bad green credentials and propensity for violence etc.

But it seems much more plausible that the engineers themselves turned mad and bad, perhaps due to long isolation in a small group or even infection with a prototype version of the black gunk they were working on.

Comment

Its a piss poor attempt at a prequel, setting up the link to Alien. To be frank, the 'plot' if it can be called that, has more holes in it than our road.

I wont go into my reasoning in case anyone hasnt seen it yet but come on, it's a piss poor storyline. Thank goodness I didnt spend money to see it at the cinema. 2 out of 10 imo.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Prometheus

I didn't get the point of the engineer in the beginning drinking the liquid and falling to bits.

What was all that about?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                I didn't get the point of the engineer in the beginning drinking the liquid and falling to bits.

What was all that about?
                Wasn't that the start of life on our planet or something ... or just the start of a boring, confusing film where the characters make no sense and are possibly the most stupid people who ever lived?
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Its a piss poor attempt at a prequel, setting up the link to Alien. To be frank, the 'plot' if it can be called that, has more holes in it than our road.

I wont go into my reasoning in case anyone hasnt seen it yet but come on, it's a piss poor storyline. Thank goodness I didnt spend money to see it at the cinema. 2 out of 10 imo.
                  Ridley Scott went to great lengths to say this is not a an Alien prequel it's just set in the same 'universe', the creature at the end was most probably stuffed in there by the studio to maintain the link and subsequent profits.

I still liked it despite the flaws and Peter Weyland looking like a younger man who'd melted, Dave (Nexus 7??) was a great character and I found the idea intriguing even if there were daft scenes that could have been handled better (chiefly the general naivety of the crew, the giant squid and rolling doughnut squishing Theron).
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Ridley Scott went to great lengths to say this is not a an Alien prequel it's just set in the same 'universe', the creature at the end was most probably stuffed in there by the studio to maintain the link and subsequent profits. ...
                    If so the creature at the end was sloppy continuity, because in Alien the "navigator" was seen in that large reclining seat we saw him using while alive in Prometheus. But in the latter he must have presumably died on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      If so the creature at the end was sloppy continuity, because in Alien the "navigator" was seen in that large reclining seat we saw him using while alive in Prometheus. But in the latter he must have presumably died on the ground.
                      Nah, if you listen carefully it is not the same planet.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X