• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate hoax nurse found dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    But you know what you're joining i.e. you are consenting, again it's not difficult!

Some people think they're joining a forum about Contracting. The misconception doesn't usually last long to be fair.

Comment

The call was recorded and then cleared for release by some kind of editorial panel; too juicy not to share I guess. Seems to me this panel are rather more culpable than the presenters, if anyone is.

The radio station is covered by a code of practice that says that such material should only be broadcast after the consent of the 'spoofee' has been gained. The station claimed to have tried to get consent, were unable to, but went ahead regardless. Without that consent the call should not have been broadcast; seems to me that avoiding incidents like this involving vulnerable people is one very good reason why that the code of practice exists.

This particular jape was purile but the prank call, interview or letter has been used to satirical and comic effect - I'm thinking of Chris Morris/Brass Eye, Mark Thomas, The Henry Root letters, even some of Darren Brown's stuff. But no doubt these people do get the appropriate permissions and releases when dealing with 'real' people, who have not chosen to be in the public gaze.
      Last edited by pjclarke; 10 December 2012, 17:59.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Australian hoax DJs: where do you draw the line with on-air pranks? | Media | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
        X