• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another attempt at astrophotography

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You can counteract the Earth's rotation by holding the camera at arm's length and slowly twirling around. You'll reduce shaking if you emit a loud 'moo' which tightens your diaphragm muscles and tenses your core.
    I thought that was sex
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Hang on, you can see a bottle of Laphroig a foot in front of you, all the way to Jupiter
      and they STILL took your licence

dickheads

nice pics by the way

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Hang on, you can see a bottle of Laphroig a foot in front of you, all the way to Jupiter
        and they STILL took your licence
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Jupiter with Europa, Io and Ganymede visible. Nikon D3000, VR 55-300, F4.5-5.6 lens, 300mm ISO 1600, 3secs at F5.6[/IMG]
          Wouldn't Photoshop Elements have been cheaper? You'd have certainly got a better picture...

Seriously, though: respect. Very nice picture. God knows where you live, though? The light pollution around here would have left you with nothing but a big bright smudge.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            Wouldn't Photoshop Elements have been cheaper? You'd have certainly got a better picture...

Seriously, though: respect. Very nice picture. God knows where you live, though? The light pollution around here would have left you with nothing but a big bright smudge.
            Cheers. I live in the sticks with low light pollution. Took the pic through an open window.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              You can counteract the Earth's rotation by holding the camera at arm's length and slowly twirling around. You'll reduce shaking if you emit a loud 'moo' which tightens your diaphragm muscles and tenses your core.
              That only works if God is on your side. The infidel has balls all chance.

Hth

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                That only works if God is on your side. The infidel has balls all chance.

Hth
                Which God?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Which God?
                  Why are you asking me? I'm a Freemason, I don't care who your deity of choice is

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Jupiter with Europa, Io and Ganymede visible. Nikon D3000, VR 55-300, F4.5-5.6 lens, 300mm ISO 1600, 3secs at F5.6
                    Nice pics...surprised that a Nikon lens doesn't hold its f no through the range
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Why are you asking me? I'm a Freemason, I don't care who your deity of choice is
                      Will Im a Christian so looks like I have a different one from doogie.

Comment

Working...
                      X