• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another attempt at astrophotography

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What was there to understand? What you posted had no relation to what I posted.

For instance:

See, just tagging "you're a god-botherer" isn't exactly a joke. Let me know if you want some more help.
    Erm was that relevant to this topic cos I don't remember tagging anything today or posting that in the past 24 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      all these worlds
      are yours except
      europa
      attempt no
      landing there
      Wasn't it Io in the film?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Wasn't it Io in the film?
        No, I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Nice pics...surprised that a Nikon lens doesn't hold its f no through the range
          Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Not sure what you mean by that.
          In t'old days a good lens would hold its f number all the way through its zoom - cheaper lenses you would have to open or close the aperture as you zoomed to maintain the same exposure a bit like this

I have 2 lenses for a Nikon film camera - the first is a Tamron zoom which dependant upon the amount of zoom will range between f3.5 to f4.2 but my Nikkor lens is constant @ f3.5 ....but cost twice as much

Can't say if it's any different with this new fangled digital m'larky
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            In t'old days a good lens would hold its f number all the way through its zoom - cheaper lenses you would have to open or close the aperture as you zoomed to maintain the same exposure a bit like this

I have 2 lenses for a Nikon film camera - the first is a Tamron zoom which dependant upon the amount of zoom will range between f3.5 to f4.2 but my Nikkor lens is constant @ f3.5 ....but cost twice as much

Can't say if it's any different with this new fangled digital m'larky
            Not sure about that, this is the lens I used for the pic;

Linky
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
            X