• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement - Blame Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Whose sockie is this? Not very convincing I must say .....
    I'll take that post as a white flag, another defeated opponent.

Comment

Seems it took him less than 30 seconds to blame the "decade of debt"
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Seems it took him less than 30 seconds to blame the "decade of debt"
        Funny when the whole house laughed at his delusional comments.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
          Osborne is giving his Autumn statement and it won't be too cheery. He will no doubt still be blaming Labour's term for the state of the economy, but surely being in for over 2 years he has to bare most, if not all, of the responsibility of the state of the economy?
          No, it's still Labour.

Labour have fked this country solid for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I don't think it's fixable.
            Attitudes need to change : people's sense of entitlement needs to go, what they consider a fair wage and what they consider a reasonable standard of living needs to come down, the status of some professions needs to fall and others needs to rise.
            As a whole most people in the West are living beyond their means, what they create and sell doesn't justify their standard of living.
            This

Comment

Now he's blaming the Eurozone, next it will be the Queen.

Comment

Osborne is giving his Autumn statement and it won't be too cheery. He will no doubt still be blaming Labour's term for the state of the economy, but surely being in for over 2 years he has to bare most, if not all, of the responsibility of the state of the economy?
                Oh yes clearly. Labour borrowed and spent everything they could get their hands on and somehow after just two years businesses (there is no other way of creating wealth) are suddenly motivated to borrow, invest and spend the country back into growth so that your lot can then squander it again?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Chaps, is this sasguru guy the forum's idiot?
                  He most certainly is and we love him to bits
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    He most certainly is and we love him to bits
                    OK, I'll go easy on him then.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      It will take a very long time. You cannot cut too fast.

You've got to identify waste first, which isn't as easy as it sounds in the byzantine world of public services.

Then you have move people off the public payroll slowly, giving the private sector time to take up the slack. Otherwise you'll have too many disgruntled people on benefits all at once.
                      No that's not good enough.
                      If you cut so slowly that the private sector will have time to catch up, total government debt will have risen so high that international creditors won't have confidence in the government's ability to repay the debt.

The only proper solution is to cut fast and expect a large rise in unemployment. Cut benefits to reduce the bill associated with these. Introduce hostels to house the unemployed and feckless to reduce housing benefit costs.

Yes it will be painful for them, but that pain results from this withdrawl of what Sasguru correctly says is "people's sense of entitlement".

No pain no gain. Pain is necessary for those people who have been pampered by Labour over all these years - there's no alternative that will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X