• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed dating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

I mean using your natural good looks, humour and charm (or maybe some rohypnol on a bad day) to get a bird interested ??
    I think I see the problem.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:27.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:28.

Comment

Why not hand your business card to each girl you like? She might give you one back. And she might give you her business card too..

One problem is that the organisers sometimes say that you can attend the next session for free if you don't meet anyone you like. So this acts as a bit of a disincentive to girls to mark their cards unless they like you a lot and can't speak to you immediately after the event.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It will help if he did not throw up during his dates......
            I thought people had forgotten about that

edit: Actually you're a git. I'd successfully repressed that until you reminded me
            Last edited by Sockpuppet; 5 December 2012, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
              My results improved a little when I started doing this.
              In other words, still no big tick on the checkbox?

I say this as someone that finds the whole concept of speed dating a potentially and totally humiliating experience for myself if I were to do this!

Kudos to you guys and girls that had the cojones to try this, I could never have the courage to stick my head in the lion's mouth - I'm fragile and broken enough as it is!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                  Women in general seem to always have more "options" than men, whether it be speed dating, meeting people in bars/clubs, or any other way to cop-off. The really good looking women have even more options. The only men who can compete with that level of opportunity are guys who are famous (e.g. rockstars, filmstars etc) and guys who have serious game (e.g. guys who are just natural "players").
                  I think it comes from even if blokes don't have a hope in hell they'll still tick all the women just in case. Where as women would probably be more selective save for them being seen as trampy or desperate where as social norms are blokes should put down everyone.

Comment

Done evey sort of dating. When you meet if you're confident you're most of the way there.

I'm fat, ugly auld basturt but for some reason never have a problem and might even write a real life fugly geek dating guide one of these days.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

It was very quick. After five minutes I went back to her place for a shag. The trouble was she wanted £40 afterwards.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X