• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

difference between a jew and an arab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard
    Am I alone in imagining this conversation taking place between lap-blanketed nonagenarians in a day room, in that idle half hour between dinner and medication?
    Is what still a law?

Comment

The difference is about 10 helicopter gunships. I was watching some footage from the BBC who were following a palistinian insurgent.

A part of the documentary showed this palistinian hiding behind a building ready to attack some guards at the Israli border , he has an american weapon something like an M15, he tells the film crew how he stole it from a dead body, and he is really really scared , he has the gun against his chest and is praying. He jumps out from behind the building and lets rip , emptying his gun completely he hits nothing and there is then a stunned silence.

The camera then shows a helicopter gunship in the distance jump up from behind the Israli border and the whole street lights up , everyone runs and the building that this palistinian was hiding behind is completely demolished , along with several shops and the street itself.

This guy might as well of had a pea shooter.

Comment

Congrads to the Insurgent. Many people would pay a lot of money to be faced with ten apache gunships on CCN / BBC.
        Put yourself in the Isreali boots. How would you feel if every night atleast one group of IRA insurgents were launching mortars into English cities and kidnapping and beheading britons on TV.
        In my opinion Isreal is being kind by giving up its territory and focusing attacks on insurgents, rather than flattening palestian towns.
        The Palestine government in my opinion is taking liberties. They depended on Isreal for income and since the donations stopped, they are all angry that they can not afford to support the terrorist forces, hence rellying on cold war mortar attacks.
        I'm English and have nothing to do with Isreal, but if I saw my countries borders being shelled by mortars, I would knock down the walls and send in the cavalry.

Comment

P.S.

I think it was an M16, as there is no such thing as an M15

Comment

One's a race, the other is a religion. An Arab can be a Jew, if he wants. It's like asking what the difference is between a Christian and an Arab. There's plenty of Christian Arabs.

Comment

got me thinking

Since orthodox Jews are forbidden from doing any form of work or non-religeous activity on the Sabbath they need to get home before it starts.
              I was up in Stoke Newington the other day, where there are tons of these orthodox jewish types (acidic(sic) jews or something, you know, black suit, big black hat, daft curly pig tails).

Anyway, I got to thinking that I have never worked, or seen in a place of work, one of these types of jew. And after a quick consult of my pals, neither had they.

So it seems not only do they not work on a saturday, but the rest of the bloody week as well. Not sure how they afford those big houses in Stokey mind. I'll leave that to the "final solution" types to debate.
              Last edited by pickle; 26 June 2006, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                I was up in Stoke Newington the other day, where there are tons of these orthodox jewish types (acidic(sic) jews or something, you know, black suit, big black hat, daft curly pig tails).

Anyway, I got to thinking that I have never worked, or seen in a place of work, one of these types of jew. And after a quick consult of my pals, neither had they.

So it seems not only do they not work on a saturday, but the rest of the bloody week as well. Not sure how they afford those big houses in Stokey mind. I'll leave that to the "final solution" types to debate.
                I've worked with "early Friday nighters", and they don't wear all that stuff to work. They wear skull caps though.

Comment

I've worked with "early Friday nighters", and they don't wear all that stuff to work. They wear skull caps though.
                  Oh, dont get me wrong. I have worked/lived with plenty of Jewish people. Its these black piggy tails types that I've never seen grafting. Its a bit of a mystery to me how a whole community can get by without going out to work, or even running small businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                    Oh, dont get me wrong. I have worked/lived with plenty of Jewish people. Its these black piggy tails types that I've never seen grafting. Its a bit of a mystery to me how a whole community can get by without going out to work, or even running small businesses.

Hasidism is only one branch of orthodox Jewish faith. They can be generally equated with the Gospel churches of Christian faith.

As for not seeing them work, unless you work for a Jewish owned business or are part of a Jewish comminuty you are unlikley to. Hasism is minority sect of the Jewish faith, there are simply not very many of the around outside of the areas their communties live in.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X