• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gay footballers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Gareth Thomas didn't get any abuse from the terraces AFAIK. Maybe this is more about football fans than gay sportsmen.
    Yep, that was good to see, although I wonder whether it would have been different if he'd come out as a 21 year old new to first team rugby. He'd already made his reputation as an outstanding player and had the respect of fans and players the world over.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The captain of the GB ladies hockey team is a lesbian, the one who played with a broken jaw.

And the vice captain is her partner.

They are taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        The captain of the GB ladies hockey team is a lesbian, the one who played with a broken jaw.

They are taking over.
        There's an interesting thought. I wonder if there's any hereditary aspect to homosexuality? In the past, where being openly gay was not OK, many gay people ended up married with children. With homosexuality being socially acceptable (and legal), will there end up being fewer gay kids?

Edit: This study thinks there is a hereditary aspect

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/17/st...have-gay-kids/

Furthermore, when the study restricted the results so that they included only children in their 20s -- presumably after they'd been able to work out any adolescent confusion or experimentation -- 58 percent of the children of lesbians called themselves gay, and 33 percent of the children of gay men called themselves gay. (About 5 to 10 percent of the children of straight parents call themselves gay, Schumm says.)
        Last edited by mudskipper; 1 December 2012, 15:23.

Comment

Interesting, mudskip. I wouldn't know. But there do seem to be a lot more gay women these days, whether part-time or not. Is it true to say they are more willing to give it a go than men?

Comment

Interesting, mudskip. I wouldn't know. But there do seem to be a lot more gay women these days, whether part-time or not. Is it true to say they are more willing to give it a go than men?
            It seems to me that there is less 'stigma' attached to gay women. It may be that women are regarded as being less significant somehow? Or female sport is less important than blokes?
            I know when Claire Balding was missing from the start of the Olympic equestrian events she was greatly missed (she really knows what shes talking about) and when she did turn up there was no name-calling. Also no puff-bashing when gay riders did their bit. Nobody cared.
            So maybe you can be as gay as you like in a minority sport?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They are taking over.
              Brilliant! Got any pictures? Prefrably of them together. Wrestling in jelly.

Though in some ways I am keener on queers than lesbians. That 2 less men competing for the women out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                It seems to me that there is less 'stigma' attached to gay women.
                Could it be because of the nature of lesbian cuddling compared to two gentlemen? To be blunt, less intrusive?

Comment

Rugger players are a law unto themselves Malc. Lots of pushing against each others' bottoms and drinking urine after the game tells me I was right to retire from the sport when I left school. In my experience their sexual preferences extend to anything - animal, vegetable or mineral.

I still like to watch though.
                  unfortunate phrasing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just because anyone you chat up in the pub doesn't fall for your charms doesn't make them a lesbian!!! Maybe you're just an ugly fecker?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I am keen on queers
                      Are they keen on you though?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X