• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flintoff Boxing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowling is incredibly strenuous on the body tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Nearly as bad as squash.

Comment

Depends on the action really. Courtney Walsh bowled into his late 30's, as did McGrath. Depends if you are side on, or front on, how the knees move, shoulder use (people like Craig White used to get most of his 90mph through his shoulder, so didn't bowl much into his 30's. Ian Bishop had loads of injuries, but was still bowling quick at 38.

If you have a bad action, you're career will end earlier.

Comment

Murder on the back. You're lucky if you can straighten up again without support.

Comment

Well he got through it.

However, he seemed just to flail. The adrenilin probably got to him and erased most of the training. I am not sure if he was just lucky not to face a more aggressive opponent or whether his flailing stopped Dawson from getting anything going. The knockdown was more due to Freddy being off balance than the punch having a large affect imho.

The other fights were good though.

PS:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mudskipper again.
            Last edited by MyUserName; 3 December 2012, 09:41. Reason: Switched brain on ... and it is off again
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
              My prediction, 5th round knocked out with a body shot.

Not sure of why he would want to do this, even if he was to win, I doubt he has the time or the ability to box at a decent level.
              I thought it was 4 2min rounds

Comment

Working...
              X