• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scammer bought the bloody laptop.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Can't do that these days. I have an agreement with the bank to contact me if any charges are taken from DD from Paypal that are over £10. HSBC are a wonderful bank!
    Some defence I suppose.

But you'll lose your paypal account and any money in it when the DD attempts is refused.

There are some very entertaining stories about paypal and chargebacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
      Some defence I suppose.

But you'll lose your paypal account and any money in it when the DD attempts is refused.

There are some very entertaining stories about paypal and chargebacks.

You seen that site " www.paypalsucks.com ".

If i was you I wouldn't ever keep money in paypal. I Withdraw anything that ever goes in there before I send anything out.

have a read
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

I haven't used eBay for a long time due to timewasters / scammers - and the most prolific of them is eBay themselves since they bought PayPal.

When you add up the costs of PayPal charges, bumped up delivery charges, risk of false advertising / scamming, it just is not worth it the majority of the time.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Yeah which is where my massive masterplan comes in. I'm going to destroy ebay, paypal and Loot in one go No registration required, no bidding system, easy payment system (up front payment for costs by unusually simple method), no con artists possible.

I reckon I stand to make a million.
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money
            You seen that site " www.paypalsucks.com ".

If i was you I wouldn't ever keep money in paypal. I Withdraw anything that ever goes in there before I send anything out.

have a read
            Yeah I do the same. Paypal is NOT a bank account and I don't treat it as. It's more a BACS like clearing system with hefty charges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              Yeah which is where my massive masterplan comes in. I'm going to destroy ebay, paypal and Loot in one go No registration required, no bidding system, easy payment system (up front payment for costs by unusually simple method), no con artists possible.

I reckon I stand to make a million.

You mean... a shop?
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                You mean... a shop?
                Almost! Simplicity is key.

Comment

I feckin hate Paypal, there was a thread on here about worst customer service, these feckers are the worst feckwits in the world when it comes to querying something on your Paypal account. Like someone said only use it if you have to and withdraw any balance within seconds. They have a policy where they can freeze your account for 180 days "for investigation", they act like a bank but are unregulated and make up the rules as they go along.

Comment

They are regulated by the FSA but due to their ambiguous terms, they are hard to prosecute for anything. They are about as safe as Western Union.

Comment

Working...
                    X