• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Underemployed workers jump by 1m since financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Quite funny that as he has been considering running the 400m and no I don't make that assumption at all as I can work more or less depending on the flow of work. The fact is some weeks 35 hrs isn't going to cut it but obviously you're not worried about what your client thinks of you and will probably do your 35 and leave it that
    Some of us don't need to work long hours to get the work done on time.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    He probably can't, but I'd love to see him try.
    I think it's too much like actual work for him Wasn't he talking about trying the long jump?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think it's too much like actual work for him Wasn't he talking about trying the long jump?
      Lazy sod. Mind you, laziness is generally a good thing for sprinters. Dunno how he'd do in the long jump; his back has been trouubling him and the landings might hurt.

Usually the prediction of potential 400m times is (4*100m PB) * 1.1; looks crude but it's surprisingly accurate. That would give Bolt a good chance of running 42.4, which would be worth watching and would get him the world record. Just an indication; for club athletes getting under 50 seconds is a milestone they all aim for, and they aren't slow. Bolt would be over the finish line while they're still coming out of the bend. In fact anyone who can run 400m under 60 seconds is really very fit. It's a hell of a long way to sprint.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Some of us don't need to work long hours to get the work done on time.
        Hahahahaha that's very funny, why don't you come and help me out then? or better still tell ClientCo how they could be more efficient I'm sure they would like to know how they could get all their projects finished on time.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Hahahahaha that's very funny, why don't you come and help me out then? or better still tell ClientCo how they could be more efficient I'm sure they would like to know how they could get all their projects finished on time.
          Better QC on the contractors they hire would help.

Why would I want to come and help at a client which expects 40+ hour weeks?

Comment

Jesus would.

Comment

You have love people who know it all

FYI the average Swiss working week 42 hrs, oh what am I saying you already knew that didn't you
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Why would I care what the Swiss do? In some countries people work 60-80 hour weeks as standard, you lazy fecker. Get off CUK and work, or is the reason you have to work so many hours because you're always on the internet?

Comment

Why would I care what the Swiss do? In some countries people work 60-80 hour weeks as standard, you lazy fecker. Get off CUK and work, or is the reason you have to work so many hours because you're always on the internet?
                  Well for one it would explain why it's more than 35 hrs, Lazy hahaha coming from you considering you only do 35hrs? I think you'll find you post a lot more then me. Oh I forget you're the master of efficiency, yeah none of us use the internet for work do we?
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

OK. If it's important for you to show your boss how many hours you work, you go get 'em tiger.

Comment

OK. If it's important for you to show your boss how many hours you work, you go get 'em tiger.
                      Sure is it's what that thing called a contract says if you can actually grasp that, but then I guess that as you only answer to God it wouldn't matter what's in a contract.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X