• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Underemployed workers jump by 1m since financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

be present at desk
    You obviously have no idea how things work in the Civil Service!

The official guidelines state quite clearly that 'work', as defined in section G paragraph 2 sub-section iii of the Civil Service handbook, starts the moment you put your tattered and worn out aldi bag-for-life on your desk. Whether you're actually there or wandering around the building in a daze for 7 hours counts toward the working week.

'kin window lickers the lot of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Well when they only work 35 hours a week, they're obviously not going to get the job done.
      How many hours do you work then? You're a mug if it's much over 35!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        A minimum of 40 per week, even when I was permanent that's more or less standard outside of the Civil Service
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

And 5 hours makes all the difference?

Comment

And 5 hours makes all the difference?
            Over the course of a year or years of course it will, much like when commute long distances back and forth to work. Or would you like me to explain further for you?
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

You make the naive assumption work done is linearly related to hours spent. I guess you'd also argue Usain Bolt can run 400m in under 40s.

Comment

I guess you'd also argue Usain Bolt can run 400m in under 40s.
                Quite funny that as he has been considering running the 400m and no I don't make that assumption at all as I can work more or less depending on the flow of work. The fact is some weeks 35 hrs isn't going to cut it but obviously you're not worried about what your client thinks of you and will probably do your 35 and leave it that
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

ahh yes presenteism the only way middle management cock rockets know how to measure the efficency of their staff.

Person A starts work at 9 goes home at 5 is therefore better than person b who starts work at 10 and goes home at 6 because i work 9-5 and therefore can see person for 8 hours but only see person b for 7 hours.

therefore person a is better than person b

fu<kin pri<ks the lot of them

Comment

WHS.

8 hrs on site, with an official 30 min for lunch that is actually an hour. Seems to be the norm for the more clued up types to me.

Comment

You make the naive assumption work done is linearly related to hours spent. I guess you'd also argue Usain Bolt can run 400m in under 40s.
                      He probably can't, but I'd love to see him try.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X