• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cover versions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimi's version of all along the watchtower has to be up there.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Jimi's version of all along the watchtower has to be up there.
      Oh feck yes.

Comment

Cat Stevens and peace train was a good one.

10,000 maniacs pulled it from the album after Islam went on a rant about Rushdie.

Robertson: You don't think that this man deserves to die?
        Y. Islam: Who, Salman Rushdie?
        Robertson: Yes.
        Y. Islam: Yes, yes.
        Robertson: And do you have a duty to be his executioner?
        Y. Islam: Uh, no, not necessarily, unless we were in an Islamic state and I was ordered by a judge or by the authority to carry out such an act - perhaps, yes.
        [Some minutes later, Robertson on the subject of a protest where an effigy of the author is to be burned]
        Robertson: Would you be part of that protest, Yusuf Islam, would you go to a demonstration where you knew that an effigy was going to be burned?
        Y. Islam: I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing
        Kind of at odds with

Now I've been crying lately,
        thinking about the world as it is
        Why must we go on hating,
        why can't we live in bliss

Comment

Not a cover version as such but when the temptations were delivered the lines of pappa was a rolling stone by the song writers one of the band went fruit loop as his dad died on the third of September.

Song has the longest introduction of any non instrumental song in the US charts I believe.

Comment

4 minutes and a second.

Just listened.

Comment

I love the chiffons reworking of Harrison's my sweet lord.

The original...

Mind you he also stole wonderwall from oasis.

Comment

People Get Ready by the Impressions/Curtis Mayfield -> Bob Marley.

That's a good one.

Comment

My fave cover version has always been Walk on By , by the Stranglers.
                  I also prefer the Futureheads version of Hounds of Love to Kates original - Much to Mr P's disgust
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    My fave cover version has always been Walk on By , by the Stranglers.
                    Many years ago I saw a documentary on My Way, and it rounded off with the Sex Pistols version.

Still a favourite.

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      Many years ago I saw a documentary on My Way, and it rounded off with the Sex Pistols version.

Still a favourite.
                      Yes, that was a cracker.

Comment

Working...
                      X