• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why should my MP worry about retrospective taxation on avoiders?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!
    At least you understood that.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

'Speling bee' you seriously need to adjust your attitude when talking on public forums.

Perhaps open your mind to the possibility that your beloved HMRC misled your beloved Government into introducing retrospective legislation on 3000 families which has the potential of making them all bankrupt.

Your no more than the typical "joe bloggs" on the street that thinks it's easy pickings to have a pop at those whom are currently in a very serious predicament EVEN although they operated within the law at the time. THINK ABOUT IT!

In fact your no different to the tons of people that stated some extreme punishment for Rangers Football Club even before the Tax Tribunal had been decided.

The 3000 families are not just fighting for our livelihoods we are fighting against the actual principal of using retrospective legislation. YOU COULD BE NEXT!

HMRC lied and has continued to lie about this sorry affair.

Do your research before openning your gob, picking a stupid fight and spouting crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
        'Speling bee' you seriously need to adjust your attitude when talking on public forums.

Perhaps open your mind to the possibility that your beloved HMRC misled your beloved Government into introducing retrospective legislation on 3000 families which has the potential of making them all bankrupt.

Your no more than the typical "joe bloggs" on the street that thinks it's easy pickings to have a pop at those whom are currently in a very serious predicament EVEN although they operated within the law at the time. THINK ABOUT IT!

In fact your no different to the tons of people that stated some extreme punishment for Rangers Football Club even before the Tax Tribunal had been decided.

The 3000 families are not just fighting for our livelihoods we are fighting against the actual principal of using retrospective legislation. YOU COULD BE NEXT!

Do your research before openning your gob, picking a stupid fight and spouting crap.

Lucozade I have no sympathy for you and if the govt finds you guilty and make you bankrupt so be it. You forget that there are thousands of honest contractors on here like me who pay our taxes at the top rate just so that I can sleep easy at night knowing that the HMRC wont ever introduce any retro law on to me. What did you expect when you paid 3% tax on your 100K earnings? You were stupid and you were caught out and now pay up and stop the red herring of moral/immoral values.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

So has Parliament / HMRC / government behaved illegally? That is what I'm interested to know.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Are you trying to kill off the general forum?

general is about lies, bollux and extrapolation. one should never bring facts into a perfectly reasoned argument.

The only thing that concerns me about SB is that he came over to L&A to troll - then had to have the posts moved by a mod. Thats just not cricket really.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Lucozade I have no sympathy for you and if the govt finds you guilty and make you bankrupt so be it. You forget that there are thousands of honest contractors on here like me who pay our taxes at the top rate just so that I can sleep easy at night knowing that the HMRC wont ever introduce any retro law on to me. What did you expect when you paid 3% tax on your 100K earnings? You were stupid and you were caught out and now pay up and stop the red herring of moral/immoral values.
              I do have sympathy for people losing their houses and becoming bankrupt, no matter how they've behaved. But lots of people seem to lose their houses and become bankrupt for no more reason than losing their job.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Retrospective action is tyrannous imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Are you trying to kill off the general forum?

general is about lies, bollux and extrapolation. one should never bring facts into a perfectly reasoned argument.

The only thing that concerns me about SB is that he came over to L&A to troll - then had to have the posts moved by a mod. Thats just not cricket really.
                  Was I discourteous?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Do you pay at IR35 rates? No. I thought not. You are tax avoiding scum and it would not surprise me if the law was changed retrospectively to catch those like you.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                      So has Parliament / HMRC / government behaved illegally? That is what I'm interested to know.
                      HMRC have behaved illegally by misleading parliament. I don't think I can say much as its sub judice. If anyone from NTRT wants to comment then fine. But they are not as stupid as me - they ignore trolls.

Why am I so stupid?

Comment

Working...
                      X