• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any of you agricultural types know of a good 4WD for Pater?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Buy a horse. No tax, no insurance. Cheap to run. if you are French you can even eat it.
    the way the country is being run; we will all be back in the stone age sooner rather than later. The collapse of Europe is imminent. If you think about it, nobody during 1900 would have believed that prosperous Europe would be at war and Germans would be starving within 20 years.

I am going for a cup of tean now.
    Is tean something poisonous?

Wouldn't a good old fashioned cuppa suffice?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My Dad's a shooting man and a few years ago his pheasant shoot got flooded in. The only way out was uphill through a ploughed field. There was a good assortment of 4WD types as you expect from a mainly gentrified set, but only one got to the top; one of those cheap crappy looking suzuki jeep things with the thin wheels.

HTH
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        My Dad's a shooting man and a few years ago his pheasant shoot got flooded in. The only way out was uphill through a ploughed field. There was a good assortment of 4WD types as you expect from a mainly gentrified set, but only one got to the top; one of those cheap crappy looking suzuki jeep things with the thin wheels.

HTH
        oo aar

P'raps it were the tyres what were better than the rest. Did they get the pheasants home?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

HTH
          Saw one of those when I was surfing earlier: a Jimmy I think its called. 2 door cheap as chips. Saves some of my inheritance.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            ...seeing as he lives at the end of a rutted track in Sussex, he needs a tough 4x4 if he's not to be stuck during rainy weather as well as snow. Any recommendations for a 4x4 up to £20K.
            Effectiveness more improtant than style. Don't know anything about 4x4s
            But will he have the bottle/resolve to floor it, as one needs in places to drive along a muddy rutted track without getting stuck?

Maybe it would be better and cheaper to pay for the track to be filled in and resurfaced (unless its about a mile long).
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              But will he have the bottle/resolve to floor it, as one needs in places to drive along a muddy rutted track without getting stuck?
              ).
              Probably, especially after a bottle of whisky.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I'm relatively cash poor now I'm not working. And Pater can afford it.
                Forester seems the right combination of toughness, ability, size and price.
                Will look into it.
                I reckon the Forester is the answer too. Capable, reliable and most importantly to you CHEAP.

Comment

Working...
                X