• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess who and what.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

Gordon Brown on the 19th June 1984 as a back bencher describing the descision by the then Tory Govt to purchase the "new" Trident Nuclear Missile system from the Americans.
    The words 'hoist' and 'petard' spring to mind

I used to be against our Trident nuke deterrant when it was just the old cold war situation, but I think the world is a much less predictable place now, and to give it up would be madness.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      The words 'hoist' and 'petard' spring to mind

I used to be against our Trident nuke deterrant when it was just the old cold war situation, but I think the world is a much less predictable place now, and to give it up would be madness.
      Who are you going to nuke?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Who are you going to nuke?
        Well, Churchill Insurance for a start!

Oh Yuuussssssss!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I think having the most expensive nuclear weapons sends a clear signal that we are a virile and sexy nation ,even if perhaps, we are not the footballing nation we once were by Jingo we can still destroy Johnny Foreigner, nay the entire World ...if we choose to.

PS Are these new nukes still dual controlled by the US or can we fire them at will?

Gives you a nice glowing feeling .
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 June 2006, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            PS Are these new nukes still dual controlled by the US or can we fire them at will?
            What's he ever done to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              What's he ever done to you?
              Laugh if you will but I spend many sleepless nights worrying about the escalating threat from Finland whilst our politicians sleep unaware.

Comment

Laugh if you will but I spend many sleepless nights worrying about the escalating threat from Finland whilst our politicians sleep unaware.
                Finland shinland

what about the Danes and the attack on Wales. Glass em I say
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Its somewhat reassuring that I am not alone in my grave suspicions about Finlands dangerous ambitions, where is our pre emptive strike policy when we need it the most?

Comment

Its somewhat reassuring that I am not alone in my grave suspicions about Finlands dangerous ambitions, where is our pre emptive strike policy when we need it the most?
                    Yes, today it is only the Eurovision Song Contest, tomorrow, who knows!!!!
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X