• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Duty increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Sorry I cannot determine the answer to my question

Are you saying that the opposition is obliged to oppose anything and everything that the government in power puts forward, regardless of whether they think it is a good idea - which seemed to be what you said earlier?

Or are they producing their own ideas in accordance with their own policies and explaining why they are superior to the governments, or agreeing with the government after due analysis (although I presume this rarely happens)?

My assumption was the latter but I do not know much about this.
    Her majesties loyal opposition (labour) has a duty to oppose. they have a budget to do so, they have the right to table questions, propose amendment to legislation and a whole host of other priviledges and rights. They set up a shadow cabinet.

Opposition parties (labour, UKIP, greens...etc..etc) can propose alternative policies, boo , hiss, organise whips.

MP's can vote. and get cheap drinks in any of the many commons bars

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Her majesties loyal opposition (labour) has a duty to oppose. they have a budget to do so, they have the right to table questions, propose amendment to legislation and a whole host of other priviledges and rights. They set up a shadow cabinet.
      *scratches head*

Originally posted by MyUserName
      Are you saying that the opposition is obliged to oppose anything and everything that the government in power puts forward, regardless of whether they think it is a good idea - which seemed to be what you said earlier?
      Perhaps a yes or no answer would be easiest?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

*scratches head*

yes
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

*scratches head*

No.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            No.
            yes
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              yes
              Glad you agree with me.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                in my view it all fails because they forget the most fundamental part of being an MP

you are there to represent the banks and your own self serving aims...

until we have honest people as MP's you can forget the government being full of anything but spoilt little tulips whos sole interest is lining their own pockets and spouting absolute bollocks to anyone who points a camera their way.
                FTFY
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  Glad you agree with me.
                  buzz off
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    I see that the utterly incompetent Labour party was trying to force a delay in fuel duty increase and failed. It staggers me. When they were in power they constantly chose to implement an increase in fuel duty as instigated via the fuel duty escalator brought in by the previous Tory government and ignored pleas to postpone it. Now they are in oppistion they want to appear to be fighting for the motorists and are protesting the increase of 3P.
                    Bloody hypocrites.
                    Ftfy
                    All parties are liars and hypocrites

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Ftfy
                      All parties are liars and hypocrites
                      The only difference is that Labour is only against raising taxes when they are in opposition

Comment

Working...
                      X