• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you change contracting for expat-ing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may well have been a question like this that the term 'no-brainer' was coined for.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      There are a few more strangers I need to ask before I decide...
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

mate of mine worked in thailand for a bit

caught tapeworm, and went to local hospital and instead of giving him a 20p tablet to flush it out of his system they ripped his arse off and then sewed it back on again.

he was in hospital for 5 months before he could leave. he is back home now and several operations later he is OK, but with a new colostomy bag

so the moral of the story - watch your arse!
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog
          That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

MarillionFan
          Right, who owns this one?
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Sukhimvit Soi sip et.

Say Hi to the "girls" in the DollsHouse from MF.
            FTFY

OP find nice lady-boy and settle down, love you long-time.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              mate of mine worked in thailand for a bit

caught tapeworm, and went to local hospital and instead of giving him a 20p tablet to flush it out of his system they ripped his arse off and then sewed it back on again.

he was in hospital for 5 months before he could leave. he is back home now and several operations later he is OK, but with a new colostomy bag

so the moral of the story - watch your arse!
              Oh well that put me off really... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                My advice is to find a nice girlfriend and stay away from the long term expats (in Asia, they all seem to end up with a warped view of normality).
                in what way warped?
                I spent 8 months in Holland and it never affected me

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  In your situation - Yes
                  With three young kids - No
                  Agree - if you're youngish free and single, go for it.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X