• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Margaret Hodge's family company pays just 0.01pc tax on £2.1bn of business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I paid 0% tax on my personal income last year of ~£42K (combo of salary + dividends).

Do I get a prize?
    Actually you paid 10% tax on most of it, but you paid it with a tax credit.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Oh dear. They were German Jewish, that's why they left. Top daily mail reporting that.
      farce

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Plenty of companies turn over billions and make a loss. Are you sure you're cut out for this business lark?
        So you think people run businesses with a loss are somebody good businessmen?

Only in a sense of avoiding paying taxes maybe

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Actually you paid 10% tax on most of it, but you paid it with a tax credit.
          Corp tax surely is 20% for wee businesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            No surprise there. Margaret Hodge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yet another fu-3ing name changing foreigner in the government working for their own gain.
            An easy way for a woman to change her name is to get married. Even if she gets divorced unless she is about to get remarried she can choose to keep that guy's name. Cheryl Cole is an example of this.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Corp tax surely is 20% for wee businesses?
              He's talking about the 10% tax credit on the dividend, not the 20% rate of corp tax.
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So you think people run businesses with a loss are somebody good businessmen?

Only in a sense of avoiding paying taxes maybe
                You're doing it again. You missed the point that tax is paid on profits, not on turnover.

If tax was paid on turnover there would be very few businesses left, because the tax would far exceed profits, resulting in perpetual losses.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  "Stemcor was founded by Mrs Hodge’s father Hans Oppenheimer more than 60 years ago."

They pick out the German sounding name...

"more than 60 years ago"

...so that would have been in the 40s.

Yup, she is nazi by derivation and should pay more tax.

Pile of tulipe.
                  The name Oppenheimer also brings to mind the Manhattan Project. Therefore she's also involved in building weapons of mass destruction.

This shoddy journalism malarkey is easy

Comment

I see the linked page has gone from the DT. Never mind, you can usually find details of all the dodgy things our lords and masters have been up to David Icke's page. The giant lizard stuff is not important in my view, I think he does the British public a great service.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      You're doing it again. You missed the point that tax is paid on profits, not on turnover.
                      I did not miss anything - company with billions turnover should be making sizeable profits (and pay corp tax on those) or go bust. If such company isn't making profits for shareholders then board of directors should be fired.

Comment

Working...
                      X