• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow - people come and go so quickly around here

-Dorothy
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      wow - people come and go so quickly around here

-Dorothy
      Ding dong the witch is ... oh... hang on. Have you got ruby slippers EO?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Ding dong the witch is ... oh... hang on. Have you got ruby slippers EO?
        cor...
        if I were two and a half weeks younger

your feet wouldn't touch young lady
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          How can your posts be criticising? Your posts are not criticising. Telling someone they're wrong for wearing something that doesn't suit them or disagreeing with their point of view or pulling them up on their grammar is criticising. Trying to intimidate with aggressive or derogatory posts is bullying.

I will ask you again, politely, to stop doing it.

Or is it now just a battle of wills between you and the mods, and is nothing really to do with Gentile?
          OK Cojak, i'll play your game.

In the post I got banned for, would you please point out what part of it was derogatory or intimidating ?

It was criticism of you for banning Incog, plain and simple. but feel free to re-read it and point out the derogatory or intimidating parts and if they exist, I will offer my sincerest apologies to you.

Edit - And while we're about it, if I'm going to get banned agin for daring to talk back to teacher, I might as well say my piece.

Everyone on this forum has at some time taken a good deal of piss taking. It's expected, is it not ? Personally, I've had a poster tell me they've dug up and f**ked my deceased mother. That didn't result in anyone getting banned. That is, however just an example to illustrate my point, not a complaint.

Gentile gets a bit of a ribbing from a few posters, me included, basically because some people find her to be a gobby witch. She however, threatens the forum with legal action and you lot roll over and suddenly she can say what she likes and run to a mod if she gets any back. That is what led to the banning of myself and Incog. We had a pop for her accusing an agent of talking tulip while doing exactly the same herself. But, by your way of moderating, that's not permitted.

To suggest that anything i said on the thread that led to the two bans being handed down was derogatory or intimidating, is tulip, and you know it.
          Last edited by TestMangler; 9 November 2012, 22:33.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Trying to intimidate with aggressive or derogatory posts is bullying.

Or is it now just a battle of wills between you and the mods, and is nothing really to do with Gentile?
            I'll add to this as well seeing how you're airing the dirty laundry in public. What did I do that warranted a three day ban? Note this was my first ever ban, so not some history of being disruptive.

Well I got banned for posting this link

Cartman Respect My Authoritah - South Park - YouTube and putting a little Igmc smiley. That's what I was I infracted for and that's what I got banned for. Was I rude in that thread?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...gs-2003-a.html

No I don't think I was, I was sarcastic, but all I was doing was repeating Gentile's self description in pointing out she'd gotten the name of the agency wrong. Oh and whilst we're on the subject of testing of wills, maybe it's you who has lost all sense of objectivity, after all wasn't it you who said:

Originally posted by cojak
            I do not care who starts the squabbling. I will finish it by banning all participants. The more persistant the squabbling the longer the ban.

Feel free to disagree and correct but please show respect for all posters on these forums.

I hope I've made myself clear.

PS. this includes swearing. Beating the swear-filter is also a no-no.

I don't care if your office resembles a pub full of Glaswegian truckers. Don't do it here...

If you want to swear, do it in General.

Hmm, who circumvented the swear filter in that thread? Wasn't me with my bulltulip. Three posters involved, two get banned. As TM said, one rule for one...
            Last edited by Incognito; 10 November 2012, 10:50. Reason: Removed comment after chat
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Anyone miss me
              Didn't even know you were gone.

Ya cock socket
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Didn't even know you were gone.

Ya cock socket
                Now you've hurt my feelings, infringed my hooman rights and I think you might be being racist too (or something).

The mods will be hearing from my lawyer in the morning. (Well, they would if had one).

You got a job yet fatty ?

Comment

Now you've hurt my feelings, infringed my hooman rights and I think you might be being racist too (or something).

The mods will be hearing from my lawyer in the morning. (Well, they would if had one).

You got a job yet fatty ?

KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    You want me to KUATB regarding a thread I posted in (and repped you for) ?

Congratulating you and bigging you up ?

Ya dick

Come and work for me Suity. There's beer needing drunk and plenty o' birds desiring 'the boaby'. Right up your street

Comment

You want me to KUATB regarding a thread I posted in (and repped you for) ?

Congratulating you and bigging you up ?

Ya dick

Come and work for me Suity. There's beer needing drunk and plenty o' birds desiring 'the boaby'. Right up your street
                      Weird. You asked me if I had a job after repping me for a thread about me getting me a job, so I guess we both are dicks

WTF is a boaby?

Comment

Working...
                      X