• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair Hijacks Scottish Racists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    I agree. I keep in touch with a Scottish school friend, who went back to Glasgow about 15 years ago. His name is Neil.

This is a typical email from him, which I received last week. I think that the Believe bars he refers to are a re-badged Mars bar or something, a special for England's world cup campaign.And so he goes on. This is supposed to be an intelligent man, grammar school educated, and a good degree in Chemistry.
    Actually his wingeing is sufficiently amusing that I would give him special dispensation to winge at will. He has a point. Christ we don't half go on about 1966. Who gives a bleedin' toss.

Comment

[QUOTE=mcquiggd]I've been physically attacked 3 times in 2+ years in Edinburgh (I am English), although several of my friends of various nationalities have been assaulted too, so it might not be just my accent.

QUOTE]

aint we all mate. Them the breaks. To be honest I've had much more hassle in Edinburgh than I've ever had in Glasgow

Ok maybe I was being niave with some of my comments yesterday. I have friends from many different nationalities but my Scottish friends don't buy in to this west coast old firm "banter" and they are certainly not anti english. Maybe I'm just lucky

I just find the whinging scots/english twat chat tiresome.

Racism is alive and well on this board and sadly demonstrated by both nationalities.

Comment

Racism is alive and well

I don't think there's any real racism (joking apart) other than from Shaunbhoy and he can't help it being a celtic fan and therefore having sectarian as well as racial issues.
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
          Scotland, a land full of bigots and racists...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ma/4284023.stm

How very true, the only soution is to end this cancerous business of the Old Firm is by forcing Cetlic and Rangers to merge and form a new super club ,eg Glasgow United.

Ive been advocating this for years and if a Euro or British Super leauge ever emerges they might have to do this for business reasons.

Glad to say that Im a Hamilton Academicals fan.

And I am very sorry to say that there are still certain firms in Scotland who will not hire IT contractors who happen to have attended a Catholic school or have an Irish surname.

Think Im joking?

Then read what Jack O Connel the Scottish Labour leader has to say ...

The Scots Labour leader, who is from a Church of Scotland family but married into a Catholic family, said he had himself encountered bigotry when he left home and went to university.

"I quickly learned that being asked which school you went to was not a casual inquiry into your background, it was a short way of asking your religion," he wrote.

"I also have first-hand experience of the repercussions that follow when you make a stand against sectarianism, the whispering behind your back as people try to work out what religion you are."
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 June 2006, 10:22.

Comment

Think its time for another war with the scots , anyone know when the last one was and who won?
            Last edited by Bitbucket; 22 June 2006, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
              Think its tyime for another war with the scots , anyone know when the last one was and who won?
              The last one was 1999 at Wembley and Scotland won 1 0.

Comment

By golly chaps , I think they are asking for it , toodle pip lets pop across the border and go give them a dam good thrashing.

(Im not 100 percent english , but I think this is what they would say)

Comment

Unless they were Geordies

in which case you wouldn't have a clue what they were saying.
                  Or is that scousers?
                  Laar.
                  Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    And I am very sorry to say that there are still certain firms in Scotland who will not hire IT contractors who happen to have attended a Catholic school or have an Irish surname.

Think Im joking?
                    Either name and shame or stop making stupid comments like this. Or are you seriously suggesting it's only the one side that's doing this?

You could practically count the number of Glasgow Labour councillors without an Irish surname on one hand. Is that bigotry or coincidence? People see what they want to see. Maybe you and Shaunbhoy might want to consider this before making unfounded comments lie this?

Comment

I'd quite like to visit Scotland for a family holiday - do you think it's safe for me to do so - I'm more worried about the kids being hassled...
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X