• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fireworks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you still have hands, you know what you're doing.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      That too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        I thought it was to celebrate the burning of Catholics?
        No, Darkie day in Cornwall is about the papists, fireworks day is about the darkies.

Sorry, I'm not from England, did I get that right?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          It would be more entertaining (and rather more exciting) if he didn't ...
          I know I shouldn't, but I wish that would happen to a few of the houses popping bangers at this hour!
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Just wanted to say they are getting on my friggin nerves now. Don't they know fireworks night was 3 days ago?

Personally I think the public sale of fireworks should be banned and only allowed at organised displays.
            Oh well lots you do would probably get on my nerves and I'd want to ban but hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Oh well lots you do would probably get on my nerves and I'd want to ban but hey ho.
              You're going on my bonfire next Guy Fawkes night.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Maybe some people are just early for the new year fireworks?

Comment

In Germany fireworks are only on sale to the general public in the days between Christmas and New Year (called Silvester) and its a real pain as all the chavs in the neighbourhood let them off every evening, all evening during those days. At midnight on New Year everyone goes out into the street and lets of fireworks and it can get a bit hairy especially if you have the 'banger guns' which is a pistol where you put a banger in the end, light it and then fire it! You want to see the streets the next day, the mess. Mind you an Italian friend was telling me about New Year in Naples where it is also the custom to throw unwanted goods out, he saw a car crushed by a washing machine thrown out of a window and someone let off a couple of grenades. What gets me though is that although there are injuries here there aren't many especially considering that nearly everyone is pissed they don't seem to be as bad or as many as the UK on the 5th November.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Aye.

"Trust in the Lord & keep your powder dry" was never more appropriate.
                    I know a chap who used to make his own gunpowder.

Wears a wig.

Comment

Working...
                    X