• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get through security with minimum fuss, just keep quiet and do what you're told. As soon as you stand out from the crowd, that's when you'll be picked on.

They have all the power, so what's the point in picking a fight.

I fly regularly and have never had any trouble.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      To be fair if anyone had to deal with the utter morons that go through airport security all day you would get a bit pissed off. I don't know what it is about airport security that turns your average traveller in to a brain dead idiot. You can stand in queue for 20 mins with signs around and a advice coming through the speakers about taking belts off, laptops out, change out of pockets but there will be endless numbers of people that then have to be told by the guy what to take off and to come back and drop his change off he forgot to take out of his pocket.

I travelled a lot in the last 2 years and it is beyond comprehension how idiotic some people can be, the restriction on liquids thing as well. The number of people that just don't get it is unbelievable.

Not a job I would do for all the tea in China.
      I think some people are moronic, but I feel the vast majority are just stressed by the situation and want to get through it as fast as possible. They probably don't hear the various warnings.
      I also think G4S f***ing up their recruiting was a blessing in disguise for the Olympics/Paralympics security operation.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        To get through security with minimum fuss, just keep quiet and do what you're told. As soon as you stand out from the crowd, that's when you'll be picked on.

Gatwick and Heathrow security staff seem rude for the sake of it. Though I've noticed they are careful not to be rude to the elderly with people watching.

Eurostar and other airports security staff seem to understand if you are polite to people most are polite back.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I also think G4S f***ing up their recruiting was a blessing in disguise for the Olympics/Paralympics security operation.
          It was - the armed forces guys were polite, efficient and sexy.

The odd G4S "security" staff member doing the bag checks looked and acted like a lemon.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            She just looked at me stony faced and said "can you remove your belt and shoes and go to that area there where they'll exam and test your liquids".

She is at least capable of constructing an English sentence, unlike the individual who was obviously simulating a retard while commanding me 'any laptops? Over there!' Or was she perhaps not simulating?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It was - the armed forces guys were polite, efficient and sexy.

The odd G4S "security" staff member doing the bag checks looked and acted like a lemon.
              An odd and rather fat lemon?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Ironically, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a terrorist. Possibly whilst an accomplice kicked off and made a fuss in the other queue over their not being able to keep their 150ml bottle of shampoo, whilst my equally well-behaved partner and I's two separate 75ml bottles made it through with the minimum of scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  Ironically, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a terrorist. Possibly whilst an accomplice kicked off and made a fuss in the other queue over their not being able to keep their 150ml bottle of shampoo, whilst my equally well-behaved partner and I's two separate 75ml bottles made it through with the minimum of scrutiny.
                  That's why these additional anti-terrorism measures are a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    An odd and rather fat lemon?
                    Wasn't too busy paying attention to the G4S bods.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      That's why these additional anti-terrorism measures are a waste of time.
                      Wrong.

Additional anti-terrorism measures bring the following benefits:
                      1) increased employment in security industry which can accept laid off soldiers
                      2) increase peace of mind for people because it's a visible sign that something is being done about problem
                      3) easy way out for politicians - just spend more money

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X