• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend you will mostly be......................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Time with the saucepans, and me trouble n strife. Not seen to much of them lately.

Every day is a weekend for me now
    Nothing to look forwards to then.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Quiet one this weekend.

Not going out much. Dinner party for six tomorrow night. Truffle and pesto bruschetta for starters using truffles we brought back from Florence last month. Mains are chicken breasts stuffed with wild boar from Borough Market, our guests are bringing dessert followed by some Gorgonzola Piccante and Pecorino Sardo.

Hope to get in the pool at some stage this weekend.

You?
      Some cooking (lamb and chorizo stew, beetroot and horseradish soup, cauliflower cheese) some wine, some cocktails, possibly lunch at the local italian tomorrow and a trip to the market and the butchers. Lazing around on Sunday.

thanks for asking
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Nothing to look forwards to then.....
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          If every day is a weekend then you don't have the weekend to look forwards to.....

Comment

Football tonight, followed by beer and food bag.
            Tomorrow usual taxi service for kids to and from swimming.
            Saturday evening going to a local fireworks display with friends but will probably miss the best bit as I have to collect eldest from a course @ 8pm.
            Sunday will be rest and roast dinner.

Comment

Bottle of vodka and a Browning 9mm.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Off to see sister tonight to hand over barf day pressie, tomorrow (sleep until about 11am) then revision after breakfast, party in the eve. Sunday some boring shopping & more revision.

Only 20 days until I can stop revising …….smeg only 20 days to finish revising
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

In the UK since Thursday thrashing the credit cards to ****. Already done central London (M & M World freaked me out and the Trocadero is now absolute ******* tulip) and the best thing I have bought so far is a boxset of every episode of Dangermouse! Today will be something or other (Westfield I believe as my hotel is on top of it) although I might get to see some family if possible and tomorrow back to Germany via Sainsburys at Ashford.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    In the UK since Thursday thrashing the credit cards to ****. Already done central London (M & M World freaked me out and the Trocadero is now absolute ******* tulip) and the best thing I have bought so far is a boxset of every episode of Dangermouse! Today will be something or other (Westfield I believe as my hotel is on top of it) although I might get to see some family if possible and tomorrow back to Germany via Sainsburys at Ashford.
                    Not difficult in London. Lady Tester and I were there last week. Three tiny tapas and two glasses of wine each; 60 quid. Breakfast (2* eggs benedict, 2* coffee); 60 quid. Return fair airport to Paddington; 60 quid.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Had planned to finish building the single speed and take it for a test ride but a severe bout of D&V yesterday has left me feeling a little feeble today and I can't face going out in the cold.

Staying in in the warm, eating comfort food and possibly an evening of Guild Wars 2 is about as much as I can manage.

Tomorrow? Who knows!
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X