• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Score Predictions England V Sweden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footy

Reasonable game last night, but we did look suspect in the 2nd half.

Gutted for Owen but more concerned that he may not be fit for us next season.....again!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Yes shame about Owen. Although as the commentator said, it may force Svennis to stop tinkering?
      He's going to have to stop tinkering. He's run out of strikers now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        He's going to have to stop tinkering. He's run out of strikers now.
        On the contrary, he might tinker a bit more. Owen and Rooney up front together was a no-brainer. Now we could have any combination in the front six.

Comment

I predict a bit of a reversion to a previous era's tactical thinking. Crouch up front on his own and keep pumping long balls up to him.

Comment

Well as predicted it was a draw albeit 2 each.

What I find remarkable is this media idolising of Rooney, yet Ive still to see him actually produce anything, whereas Gerrards, who substuted the lacklustre Rooney not only saved a goal for England by kicking the ball off the line but then scored an excellent goal,just as he did in the last match , but nobody seems to rate him.

It seems to me he is the best player in the whole squad but its all Rooney this Owen that Beckham this blah blah ... when none of these players really have made an impact apart from Owen who managed to injure his knee in a spectacular manner.

Why no recognition for Gerrard when he is a far more accomplished player ???
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 June 2006, 10:13.

Comment

C'mon Alf get with the program

Gerrard seems like a fairly dedicated professional athlete who doesn't court the meeja vermin, ergo is unworthy of press coverage.
              Cu*t of celebrity, cu*t of celebrity.
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Well as predicted it was a draw albeit 2 each.

What I find remarkable is this media idolising of Rooney, yet Ive still to see him actually produce anything, whereas Gerrards, who substuted the lacklustre Rooney not only saved a goal for England by kicking the ball off the line but then scored an excellent goal,just as he did in the last match , but nobody seems to rate him.

It seems to me he is the best player in the whole squad but its all Rooney this Owen that Beckham this blah blah ... when none of these players really have made an impact apart from Owen who managed to injure his knee in a spectacular manner.

Why no recognition for Gerrard when he is a far more accomplished player ???
                Yes for all the talk of lack of strikers, wasn't Lampard top scorer in qualification and now Gerard is top scorer in the WC so far. So we're not so short of goal-scorers as long as there's a decent holding player to let them go foward.
                Rooney's main value is psychological - he scares the opposition and boosts the team and I'm sure he'll score soon.
                Beckham should be replaced by Aaron Lennon.

I have a feeling that Owen's injury may be a blessing in disguise for the team.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  Gerrard seems like a fairly dedicated professional athlete who doesn't court the meeja vermin, ergo is unworthy of press coverage.
                  Cu*t of celebrity, cu*t of celebrity.
                  Aha thx DG how naive of me,so what Gerrard needs is to be caught beating some prostitute with a knive in a crack den to be considered a worthy player.

Oh yes and a more expensive trendy hair cut please Steve.

Simple.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 June 2006, 10:26.

Comment

Working...
                  X