• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whose got the trousers on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    It just makes like easier if you do want access to money as and when you need it. That's all. If your money is all tied up, as mine is, then you do have options if something comes up, which would be unmissable. My wife is currently trying to get us to buy an old bungalow on a large corner plot near bude. Tempting, as it's an opportunity.
    This would never happen to EO or G, dont be silly. They only ever deal in cash as he doesnt want to play the game whatever that is, and G had to cut hers up when she went mad in C&A when she was a girl and hasnt got over it.

No they would never consider getting money for nothing each month, having fraud protection or having instant liquidity with no cash tied up. Why would they want that?

You cant educate pork as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

No they would never consider getting money for nothing each month, having fraud protection or having instant liquidity with no cash tied up. Why would they want that?

You cant educate pork as they say.
      well thats good. a list of advantages at last.

thanks very much but I don't need em

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        well thats good. a list of advantages at last.

thanks very much but I don't need em

I dont need to know that.

Comment

I dont need to know that.
          do you want to buy a bridge ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Yes, but you dont take credit cards.

Comment

Can he get cashback on that purchase?
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Can he get cashback on that purchase?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

This would never happen to EO or G, dont be silly. They only ever deal in cash as he doesnt want to play the game whatever that is, and G had to cut hers up when she went mad in C&A when she was a girl and hasnt got over it.
                  No, as previously noted dear, I've never had a personal credit card or store card and probably never will have one - by choice.

Let's go through the myths you've used to rationalise your personal choice to access easy credit so far:
                  • If you don't have one, you wont be able to get a mortgage or a car loan. (In reality I've obtained several of both with no difficulty, and I'm sure I'm not unusual in that.)

• You can't buy anything from the internet without using third-rate options like PayPal. (In reality I'm able to use my Visa Debit anywhere you can use a Visa Credit card.)

• Anything you do buy won't be covered by payment protection insurance. (In reality, all Visa Debit purchases are fully covered under the exact same Chargeback scheme that Visa Credit purchases use.)

Any other marketing myths or magic feathers you've swallowed that you'd like me to clear up? Does your credit card protect you against cancer? Allow you to walk on water? Or perhaps the whole reason EO received rotten onions the other night in Tesco was that he didn't choose to purchase them on tick?

The fact is that the only difference between Yes Loans and Credit Cards for some people is that they don't have to make a phone call to fall into the trap of misusing the latter. Of course, a lot of people use them sensibly, but then you do tend to find those sort of people don't rationalise their decision to access easy credit by claiming it exclusively allows you to do things that people who don't choose to use easy credit can demonstrably also do, such as obtaining a mortgage or a car loan.

Comment

hmmm Shiney.

You know what sort of loans people with bad or no credit history get, high interest rate ones as they are deemed more risk. So well done on getting those.

Comment

hmmm Shiney.

You know what sort of loans people with bad or no credit history get, high interest rate ones as they are deemed more risk. So well done on getting those.
                      that won't do you any good in the UK. Most places don't take it.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X