• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Shimano105

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stick to this, Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      Nah, you want one of these
      Impressive.

Didn't know Triumph were knocking out such a wide range of bikes as that, and some nice looking kit as well.

At 320kg (704lbs) though, I think I would give that particular one a miss, after having the experience of dropping one of these years ago, and having the fun of trying to pick it up again:

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
        Impressive.

Didn't know Triumph were knocking out such a wide range of bikes as that, and some nice looking kit as well.

At 320kg (704lbs) though, I think I would give that particular one a miss, after having the experience of dropping one of these years ago, and having the fun of trying to pick it up again:
        Any bike over 500cc is a bitch to get up once you've dropped it. TBH you're almost always gonna need help anyway.

Anyway, Triumph have had a renaissance in the last 10 years. Started with the Daytona and they havn't really put a foot wrong since. Got themselves a nice niche market and they're making the most of it.

Saw a Rocket III going down the A1 a coupe of days ago. Absolutely gorgeous, and nothing else like it on the road atm.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TBH you're almost always gonna need help anyway.
          Oh dear.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Sorry I'm late, boss.

Well on the face of it, it looks like good VFM, but I tend not to ride off road (or read German) so I'm maybe not well qualified to answer this one. But 299 Euros seems cheap.

But if you intend to ride on the roads, you really ought to be looking at road bikes and ditching that suspension and knobbly tyred nonsense.

Get fit? Hang on, I thought I was the dreamer.

Comment

nah mate, you're the dreamer,

hey, thanks for the answer, what's wrong with a
              suspension when riding on the road surely it makes things
              more comfortable

I often see people on these bikes on the road with front and
              rear suspension going along as if they are on the water

Milan.

Comment

Full suspension bikes are a lot heavier than their hybrid or road going cousins, you'll work harder to maintain the same speed, especially going up hill.

Shim is right, if you dont plan on going off the beaten track in anyway dont bother. "normal" bikes tend to be cheaper as well.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

blimey Dave,

you're been a member since last october and you already have over a 1000 posts !

thanks for the advice

will pass on the lidl offer at the moment, but once me castle is finished will be investing a suitable machine

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Is it time to get,
                    Is it time to get fit ?

Thanks,

Milan.
                    Milan you fat loser.

Comment

Suspension saps an awful lot of power, also you get wierd old fashioned motorcycle problems that you'll definitely not be used to such as "bump steer", "brake-diving" etc. which can ruin your whole day if you don't know what to do.

Knobbly tires on the road are just plain dangerous, best is slicks if you can get them. Knobbly tires are only any good downhill in a particular muddy gravel which is pretty rare even for mountain bikers. People think they need tread on a bicycle tire, and tyre manufacturers put treads on because people won't buy slicks.

Advantage of a mountain bike is if you're not going too far, the road is rough and has a lot of glass on it.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X