• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the fastest speed you've ever driven, and in what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did 140mph in my Mitsubishi FTO on a French motorway, although the guy following me in another FTO reckoned it was 150. My record legally at the Nürburgring was 138 in my S2000 just before Schwedenkreuz, before hitting the brakes to get down to 100 or so for the corner. Rather more impressive on a race track with corners than a long straight motorway (and the S2000 has the silly knight rider dash, so that's why I know it was 138).

In my biking days I once got my VF500 up to 130 on the M5. Afterwards I couldn't believe how stupid I'd been. Not because of the danger of death or injury, but because of the danger of losing my licence.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 28 October 2012, 10:03.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

128.7 in an 3.2L Omega V6. Although the one I was in had a on the top of it
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

130mph in an RX-8 we borrowed to test-drive, there is a very nice stretch of dual-carriageway which is nearly always very quiet connecting the A1(M) and A19.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

134 in a Ford Focus
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            134 in a Ford Focus
            134 on the way down to Dover on the motorway in company car with injection. Had a lovely 3/4 mile empty stretch nothing ahead nothing behind so floored it. Had to slow at next junction as a police car was coming on as I flew past. Managed to slow down to 90 as I passed him. Fecker then followed me at 70 for the next ten miles.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Opened up my then contract-a-car - a £100 12 year old Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso, 3 litre auto with a special exhaust, M6 Northbound about 1:00am after the Shap twists, more or less straight bit towards Penrith, not a car in sight, floored it memory says 140mph abut I think I prolly exaggerated in over time, certainly in 130 area, car felt great, still more in it, bottled it more for Police reasons really - you never know.

Oddly enough earlier at Tebay the matrix signs said the speed limit was 80 - weird....

Great car that, hundred quid, I was skint after a couple of personal crises inc enforced permiedom so I bought this car from Exeter of all places. I lived in Dumfries! 2000-2002 - my Anuses Horribles! (Bad latin)

Had it for four years with no bother till the electrics went and I got a bit richer. Alfa bug had got me though, ended up with two 75's I got for free, magical cars those....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                How old are you?
                Way way way younger than you.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  165mph on the A12 late at night on a tuned Kawasaki Gpz1100B2 then ran out of road

275kph in my Alpina on a couple of motorways here (its officially rated at 285) but I chickened out
                  Which Alpina d'you drive? 165's insane's just insane!

Comment

Did 42 on my pushbike - very scary.

Comment

Originally posted by dmo View Post

Which Alpina d'you drive? 165's insane's just insane!
                      Not in Germany - No doubt if you were pottering along at 165 MPH on an autobahn, in no time some maniac would be tailing you an inch from your rear bumper and flashing frantically to overtake!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X