• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair hijacks World Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hargreaves had better game than he usually does but I doubt he'll perform in the knock-out stages of the competition when we face a better side. Given our shortcomings in the second half, Carrick is a better option IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
      Hargreaves had better game than he usually does but I doubt he'll perform in the knock-out stages of the competition when we face a better side. Given our shortcomings in the second half, Carrick is a better option IMO.
      It is all about opinions.

Hargreaves has lots of experience against most of the good players in this world cup during several years at the sharp end of the Champions League, and done pretty well.

Carrick has never played in the Champions League, and has little experience of playing for England against great players, so if I were Sven I'd be happy to stick with Hargreaves. But I'm not, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Carrick has never played in the Champions League
        And he never will if he stays at tulipe Hart Lane...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          It is all about opinions.

Hargreaves has lots of experience against most of the good players in this world cup during several years at the sharp end of the Champions League, and done pretty well.

Carrick has never played in the Champions League, and has little experience of playing for England against great players, so if I were Sven I'd be happy to stick with Hargreaves. But I'm not, so who knows.

Agreed! How can you compare Carrick and Hargreaves? One is defensive the other isn't Knobs!

Comment

Working...
          X