• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should my daughter have consensual sex(she is 14 in April), and I find out about it, if I have an issue I will be taking it up with her.

This "women are the weaker sex" thing is just outdated. I have found women are dirtier than men, on average. Would you like an example?
    I was presuming you were a teenager in the last century not this century.

There are teenage girls who have fun with younger teenage boys. (I feel sorry for the boys.)

However, if my daughter is forced into anything against her will, the perp will be lucky if I get to him first. If MrsBP does, it will be far worse for him.
    I think it would be fair to let MrsBP deal with him/her* first. S/he would then learn the hard way women need to be respected.

*We can't presume all sexual perpetrators are male.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I think this case is abuse; he should have known better. What's unhelpful is the use of the word "peadophile"; that labels someone who gives into the advances of a physically mature but underage woman the same as someone attacks a 5 year old girl. Both are wrong, but they're not the same.

How does that work? Both were based purely on her testimony so how could they believe one thing she said but dismiss the other?

From memory, paedophile refers to a girl under 13. I am sure you would agree that physically mature does not mean emotionally mature.

In this case, the girl was under 16 but over 13. He was nearly twice her age. He was in the public eye. I would hope all those factors would be taken into consideration.

Comment

Should my daughter have consensual sex(she is 14 in April), and I find out about it, if I have an issue I will be taking it up with her.

This "women are the weaker sex" thing is just outdated. I have found women are dirtier than men, on average. Would you like an example?

However, if my daughter is forced into anything against her will, the perp will be lucky if I get to him first. If MrsBP does, it will be far worse for him.
        That is the thing with the law, it cannot be consensual if she is only 13/14.

Listening to reports their is two crucial details that need to be proven for a prosecution to be pursued.
        1. Intent
        2. Is it in the public interest

Two 15 year old's going at it while their mum and dad are out may fall in to the first but not the second
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I was presuming you were a teenager in the last century not this century.

There are teenage girls who have fun with younger teenage boys. (I feel sorry for the boys.)

I think it would be fair to let MrsBP deal with him/her* first. S/he would then learn the hard way women need to be respected.

*We can't presume all sexual perpetrators are male.
          It was a lifetime ago. 1978. I am nearly as old as Zeity you know!

I agree there should be no presumption of gender. But it is usually men.

Comment

The test should be, the girl who is 15 comes to court dressed/made up like she was on the alleged date. The judge can then determine if she looks old enough or not. i.e. it was an innocent mistake. (obviously has to also have been consensual).

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              The test should be, the girl who is 15 comes to court dressed/made up like she was on the alleged date. The judge can then determine if she looks old enough or not. i.e. it was an innocent mistake. (obviously has to also have been consensual).
              He asked her what year in school she was, she said year 10, don't think there is any leeway there

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                He asked her what year in school she was, she said year 10, don't think there is any leeway there
                Throw away the key then! NONCE!

Comment

Throw away the key then! NONCE!
                  Me or Johnson?

I can't get my own kids to tidy their room, so what chance do I have getting a strange kid into my car

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Me or Johnson?
                    Johnson! You are good mate.

Comment

You are aware that people dress appropriately for their court appearance whether they are stealing for a shop, not paid their TV licence, a drug addict or a rapist?

Interestingly it's mostly adult men who are blaming the girl for her actions.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X